Dive with sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DLR06

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am taking my family to Maui in January. My daughter wants to dive with sharks at the Maui Ocean Center. I'm wondering if anyone has done this dive? If so, is it worth the money? It runs around $200 per diver. We are doing Molokini, Lanai, & possibly a beach dive near Lahaina. We are new divers(20 dives). Looking for advice / opinions.

:D Thrilled to be diving!!!

Aloha and welcome. I have done it twice and will do it again, every chance I get. Take pics from UW and have someone video it from outside...Search MOC or maui ocean center and you will find a few threads about this.

If you're looking for some locals to go diving with, make sure you post again when the dates get closer -- it's likely that another SB member (even perhaps myself) would be ready and willing to meet some new people for some shore diving!

As for the MOC Shark Dive, I know Wildcard has done it, and he can't say enough about it -- reading his posts here, sometimes I wonder if he doesn't go out of his way to find excuses to go to Maui just so he can do the dive! :D

From what I've heard here, it isn't a terribly long dive (somewhere between 30 and 60 minutes), but it is memorable. You have to bring your own gear (aside from tanks & weights)... but you could rent it at a shop on your way there.

Where are you staying?

We are staying at the Puamana Townehouses south of Lahaina. Thanks for the info, I think we will go ahead and do the MOC dive.

:D Thrilled to be diving!!!

Get the video from outside if nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom