Dive with killer Whales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MUNINSI

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I hope to have a scuba dive with killer whales in North Europe, I once heard that Norway has that event, but I can't find the information, so could anyone give me suggestions ?

I know Sven, who is behind Northern Explorers and will visit the killer whales this year in November. I did it already in 2015, when these animals were much more to the south. They follow the schools of herring, which stays a few years in the same place in winter, and then moves suddenly for several hunderds of kilometers.

So, no garantuees, but the herring moved only two winters ago, so now is a good moment I guess. Everyone visiting this hopes to see a bait ball. I was lucky enough to see one and watched the orcva feed on the herring for about 30 minutes from very close.
Otherwise, you will certainly see orca's, but swimming by slowly.

If you want to go this winter, you should hurry choosing your operator, as these safaris are quiet popular.

And if you want to scuba dive them, bring a rebreather. No bubbles allowed. So most of us use a snorkel.

Back
Top Bottom