Dive watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do you guys recommend any websites for dive watches? Which websites have the best deals?

thanks,

Tyler

Princeton watch is a very nice place to deal with.

Depends, but Amazon.com can also have deals, again it depends on the watch.

CompuDude:
Yes, that's the same watch the guy mentioned in post 16 above:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=2637750&postcount=16

From what I've read and seen, I like it so much it's going to be my next watch.
But...does it tell time? I'm looking for the numbers 1-12, but I only see 0-60 and 0-160. And what's with the three little dials? And if it's a dive watch, where's the depth?

Does it really impress the girls? Inquiring minds want to know.

BigTuna:
But...does it tell time? I'm looking for the numbers 1-12, but I only see 0-60 and 0-160. And what's with the three little dials? And if it's a dive watch, where's the depth?

LOL. The hands tell normal time. The bottom dial counts seconds while the left dial shows the hour (just in case you didn't know whether it was night or day). Top dial lets you know whether its in dive/time mode or stopwatch mode. Depth is indicated by the orange hand. You may think its a second hand but it is not. The orange hand will indicate battery level (LV2, LV1) normally and when you hit the water indicates depth up to 125'.

BigTuna:

Looks like you have to be familiar enough with an analog watch to know which dot indicates which hour, since there is no 1-12. As PalatkaBoy pointed out, however, the left inset dial does show the hour in military (24 hr) time format, as well.

I'm a little disappointed to know that the orange hand is not a seconds hand, however. I'm glad the bottom dial shows seconds, but I'm still a fan of actual big sweeping seconds hands.

I have other things to show off when I want to impress the girls, though. This is just a really nice dive watch. :eyebrow:

CompuDude:
Looks like you have to be familiar enough with an analog watch to know which dot indicates which hour, since there is no 1-12. As PalatkaBoy pointed out, however, the left inset dial does show the hour in military (24 hr) time format, as well.

I'm a little disappointed to know that the orange hand is not a seconds hand, however. I'm glad the bottom dial shows seconds, but I'm still a fan of actual big sweeping seconds hands.

I have other things to show off when I want to impress the girls, though. This is just a really nice dive watch. :eyebrow:

I was disappointed at first too. But the orange hand against the black face is very visible underwater and you can quickly estimate the depth by the position of the second hand (although numbers are positioned on the dial to get an exact depth) at a glance as every 10 minutes on the face is 25 feet. So at the 6 o clock position depth is 75 feet. I have gotten a couple of "Hey dude your watch is stopped" comments, though.

This is my dive watch. It works and looks good! If I lost it, I'd buy another.
I use it as a back-up.

Dave

JV0030-01E.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom