Dive Valhalla Aug. 31st?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bill Walton

Contributor
Reaction score
I received an e-mail from Mark Hannifin with Dive Valhalla today letting me know that Deep Blue Scuba in Austin is having a dive at their place on Aug. 31st. Several of us had spoken about trying to do this dive over labor day weekend. WELL, heres our chance.

I called and spoke to Deep Blue. They are wanting to get a group of about 40divers. The young lady I spoke to said they only had about 10 spots booked so far so they would have room for several more if anyone is interested.

I don't get back from Cozumel until the afternoon of the 30th so probably will not drive out there on Friday but will likely drive out early Saturday morning. (would anyone want to share a ride? I could fit 1-2 people + gear)

Anyway, the trip is for 3 dives and includes snacks and beverages I believe. You have to bring all your own gear including tanks. The cost on Deep Blue's website is $55.

The water is said to be very dark, cold, and crystal clear. Sounds like fun----once at least.

Just an idea for the day.

Bill

Thanks for finding that out, Bill, that's excellent news :) (anything that saves me from having to be explicitly organized is good news :wink: )

I'm not yet certain that I'll go, but I'm at about 80% "yes"

Here's hoping it works out and that I can see some of y'all there :)

jeff

Isn't Valhalla an altitude dive as well?

I'm probably working a class that weekend. If not Sunday opens season for small tan avains that are really yummy.

TwoBit

I'm a NO for those dates ;-0 I will already be on a dive trip from Aug 29 - Sept 10. :) If any other dates come up I would definetly be interested tho.

for the same reason as TwoBit (gotta work on some DMC requirements that weekend).

But keep me in mind for the next round/time.

For those going...don't forget that the silo should be considered an advanced dive due to cold/dark/deep. Make sure to take a personall assessment of your skill level before you embark on the dive. Also make sure you have adequate exposure protection.

Finally, remember that you need to schlep all of your gear down then up 5 flights of stairs. Be sure to consider how heavy exertion after deep dives can increase your risk of DCS. In otherwords...after the end of the day....take it easy as your load out to your cars/trucks, and take a long surface interval before you start if at all possible.....

Kinda want to see you folks face to face and not through a chamber view port

hmmmmm, may have to check my schedule, I have always wanted to do that dive. I wonder how boring a deco dive there would be..:)

Might get to practice those all important "Rock-Paper-Scissors" skills!

with Hooligan. Got some pushback from the better 1/2 as we're hitting the flower gardens next week [Right after you folks!] - but our Labor Day plans aren't even reasonably started. I definitely want to do that, once.

Back
Top Bottom