Dive trip to Wilmington June 9-12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

old sarge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Our annual dive trip is June 9-12. Plan is for Frying Pan Tower and another location. Some have cancelled and thought I would see if anyone would be interested in joining us. June 9th and 12th are travel days, so diving 10 & 11. We have 6 divers in our group.

If interested, reply and i will give you my email address for more details.
Thanks

Frying pan is a nice dive and interesting. I assume this is with Aquatic Safaris. I am already scheduled for Hyde/Sue a couple days later. But I just found out that for family reasons I have to cancel my Frying Pan trip planned for later this year so I may try to jump on this if still open. Don't hold a space for me but I will check back in mid to late May when my schedule is clearer and see if there are slots open.

If the weather is good there are a lot of "locals" who will sign on closer to the dive time, especially for mid week dives where locals live in a 150 mile radius.

Hey Rebreather Diver & Dive Master... we have 6 divers in our group. One is planning on going to the PDRA swap meet at American Quarry on 16 May to see if any others want to get on the trip. Just some additional Info: 9 June is travel day to Wilmington, get checked in and be at dock on 10 June for 23 Mile ledge & Sue's Ledge. 11 June is Frying Pan tower and either Lobster wreck or Greg Mickey wreck. Hoping to have 10 on the boat but will fill if we can. Diving with Aquatic Safaris for 3rd year. Let me know back if you can be with us.

Just to wrap up this item I started. Weather was very good and had two good days of diving. Vis was 80 ft or better. Sue's ledge had lots of fish as did 23 mile ledge. Second day at Frying Pan Tower and Captain Mickey wreck was also good and you could see the wreck from surface. Group is planning next years trip and woould go back to these two sites.

The End.

Just to wrap up this item I started. Weather was very good and had two good days of diving. Vis was 80 ft or better. Sue's ledge had lots of fish as did 23 mile ledge. Second day at Frying Pan Tower and Captain Mickey wreck was also good and you could see the wreck from surface. Group is planning next years trip and woould go back to these two sites.

The End.

Glad you had good dives. Love both those ledges and frying pan is fun if the weather cooperates. Did you have much current at frying pan?

More than I liked. Was strong at the center where the camera is and I tried to stay close to bottom. Water was best we have seen and clear blue.

Back
Top Bottom