Dive Trip in April - Roatan/Anthonys Key

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chidive

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new to this site and I am looking for a travel partner for an April trip to Roatan I have recently purchased at a significant discount from a co-worker. Don't have too many friends who are certified divers, and none of them can make the trip, so I thought I'd come to this site to see what I could come up with.

I'm soon to be 25, male, originally from Cleveland, certified diver since 08/02, have dived in Australia, Vietnam, and Phillippines, and looking for any serious divers interested in a trip to Roatan. Also, if you have any suggestions for other forums in which I could find other like-minded divers for such travel. Thanks and I appreciate any help or interest.

chidive

hello there,

did you find a buddy yet?- what are the details of the trip, ie: when in April. If you still need someone, I would be interested if it fits in with other obligations. PM me or post up.

Jackie

I have been to Roatan numerous times and I love it. I have only stayed at AKR one time, but of the five resorts I have been to, I would rate it at the top of the list. I usually wind up at the one that is offering the best deal. Please PM me with the details. I will give you more details about me when we can communicate. Thanks.

Aeolus:
I have been to Roatan numerous times and I love it. I have only stayed at AKR one time, but of the five resorts I have been to, I would rate it at the top of the list. I usually wind up at the one that is offering the best dealThanks.

Which 5 resorts would those be?

I have been to Anthony's Key, Fantasy Island, Cocoview, Bay Island Beach Resort and Oak Bay Beach Resort - oops that is six, I guess I can't count very well sometimes. I tend to forget Oak Bay as it is rather minimalist. No A/C and that is almost a deal breaker for me - I guess I am get soft. That is pretty much the order I would place them in as well. There is a new one I would like to try called Luna Beach Resort on the West End. Is sounds very interesting. I would also like to try the Inn of the Last Resort, as it sounds pretty good as well.

How about you Roatanman? Where have you stayed there and what are your preferences?

Aeolus:
I have been to Anthony's Key, Fantasy Island, Cocoview, Bay Island Beach Resort and Oak Bay Beach Resort - oops that is six, I guess I can't count very well sometimes. I tend to forget Oak Bay as it is rather minimalist.
How about you Roatanman? Where have you stayed there and what are your preferences?

Man, that's some experience you have!

I have only slept (stayed) at CoCo View, but I've been a dawn to dark guest" at IoLR, FIBR, AKR, BIBR- diving with their operations and eating at their restaurants and seeing each type of room that they have to offer.

I have done the shore dive from FIBR, AKR, CCV and BIBR.

We've been doing recreational diving and visits to the Bay Islands since 1985, but other purposes took us there prior to that. Over the years I have been befriended by a number of Bay Islands Congressmen, Mayors, Police Chiefs, Electricians, Contractors, Shell Sellers, Black Coral Purveyors, Teachers from First Bight, Nurses from Punta Gorda, The Peanut Kids from the dump and hundreds of kids that think (if but for a moment) that I am Santa Claus. I decided to spend Y2k in Roatan because I figured it was about the safest place around- and damned near got blown up in a fireworks accident!

I love Roatan and the diving there is awsome! I usually go about twice a year. I usually bring more donations than anything else. I usually carry on my scuba stuff except my flippers because they wont fit and the clothes I will need there. If you do visit Roatan try to save a little room in your bag for a donation.

zana:
I love Roatan and the diving there is awsome! I usually go about twice a year. I usually bring more donations than anything else. I usually carry on my scuba stuff except my flippers because they wont fit and the clothes I will need there. If you do visit Roatan try to save a little room in your bag for a donation.

Hi Zana,

I have taken items for the schools on prior trips. Where else do you take things for them? What kind of items are best? Do you need to check with them first before taken things to them? I plan to visit again this year, but I do not know when just yet. I usually try to go at least twice per year. Maybe we could put together a trip for members of the board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom