Dive Travel Survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divebreu

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone, I am not sure if this is the proper forum for this, so if it isn't feel free to move it admins.

I am currently working on a business plan that is the equivalent of my Master's Thesis. I decided to choose a dive resort/center as the subject for the Business Plan and as such am trying to do some research to help back up some of my assumptions. To this end, if you would be willing to take the time to fill out this short survey I would greatly appreciate it. There are two pages, so make sure to hit next at the bottom after you're done with the first several questions.

Dive Industry Survey

It turns out that research for the dive industry is hard to come by, so I thought that maybe the lovely community here at scubaboard would be able to help me out a bit.

Thanks for your time.

I started to fill out the survey, but after a few questions I realized that the survey is designed for recreational divers and not for dive professionals. Some of the given answer choices just didn't apply. You might consider having answer choices that accommodate the experiences of dive professionals, as the SB community does have many members who work in the industry. Good luck, as any endeavor that attempts to compile useful data on the dive industry is beneficial to the group as a whole.

I started to fill out the survey, but after a few questions I realized that the survey is designed for recreational divers and not for dive professionals. Some of the given answer choices just didn't apply. You might consider having answer choices that accommodate the experiences of dive professionals, as the SB community does have many members who work in the industry. Good luck, as any endeavor that attempts to compile useful data on the dive industry is beneficial to the group as a whole.

Thanks for the feedback, I may make a separate survey later on to try and grab some information from that front.

I guess I'm mainly using this survey to try and figure out some of the behaviors of dive travelers so I only approached it from that standpoint. For some reason, even though what I am doing is developing something that would benefit a lot from the points of view of various professionals in the industry, it never occurred to me to gather some info on that. Now I just need to think about what kinds of questions would be useful to survey for that kind of information.

And thanks to everyone who's taken the time to fill out the survey so far.

Did it. The only comment I have is when a number scale is used....tell people what is plus and what is low. If it was there on your number scale of 1 to 7....I didnt see it. I used 1 as "most important".

Cheers, I added that in to help make it easier to understand :)

Done.

Done, now perhaps you'll do mine:

Match the destination with its description:

1) Australia
a) More remote​

2) Philippines
b) Burgeoning​

3) Micronesia
c) Touristic​

Extra credit if you can explain why, because I certainly can't. :wink:

Haha yea I had a feeling it was pretty subjective, I grabbed the general idea off of a similar survey I had seen.

In general though I would consider Australia more touristic than the other two because of the coverage it gets and the fact that their tourism industry is a fair bit more developed than the other two. The other two are fairly interchangeable in a sense and I probably should change it to not include the examples. That being said I changed the Philippines to Indonesia, because I feel like it is a more well known dive destination to people who are entering as new divers than say Micronesia.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom