Dive Training Together?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amberjack:
I’m going to have to keep reminding myself when we do dive together that I can’t get impatient when he’s at 500 bar and I’m still somewhere around 1500 – argh!
Funny, it used to be the other way round. She would use up a larger tank a lot quicker than I went through my smaller tank. Now we're about even. Curious what the future will bring... :D

El Orans:
Curious what the future will bring... :D

Yes, I suppose I shouldn't get cocky at this early stage!

I thought I'd drop a response from the other side of things. My wife tends to schedule me for training without much input from me. Oh sure, we've talked about it a little but all of a sudden; it's "Remember, we have training this weekend." I think it's great. She's much more organized then I am and if she didn't sign me up, I'd never get the courses that I really do want to take. The same is true of trips. I tend to say, "I think this trip would be fun," and the next thing I know we're scheduled and the deposits are paid. I guess my suggestion is, Find out what he really wants to do and then take care of the scheduling if you need to.

Well, now I know that I am not the only one who feels like this. My hubby and I got certed a few years back, because I booked a vacation and got us into the course. He does it and loves it, but it is always me that has to decide what is going to happen. I know he tells me that he wants to do things, and after the class or trip he alwys talks aobut how great it was, but I have always ahd to be the one who says "Hey I'm doing this...you want to go" and then I end up making all of the plans and all of the decisions. It is so much pressure and gets so tiring.

I know exactly what you mean by feeling like you are always having to be the one that pushes. Sometimes I just wish that he would come up with something on his own and take me along.

I get very tired of having to be so in control. Sometimes a girl just wants to be surprised by having someone else take care of stuff for a while. --Don't jump on the feminist band awgon on me. I'm not saying I want to be the minor in our marriage, I just want to feel like my husband is really interested in the things I want to do and still likes me enough to put in a little effort. Again, I know we have a good thing and we do a lot of great stuff. I just don't want to always be the one that comes up with the plan.

Amber

though my husband and I have about the same diving experience he's always been a bit of an air pig compared to me. Remember our guys are usually bigger than we are. The greater the body mass at the same everything else will suck more air.

I just tend to dive a 63 when he dives an 80 cu L tank. It all comes out in the wash. I'm just glad I'm not fit any more or it would be more unequal

Sue

miscbadvr

Thanks for input from the other side of the efforts. Like Mrs Prages I guess we all want to feel taken care of sometimes. I guess I'm glad that he makes sure my gear is assembled while I suited up and I double check everything (the buddy thing not the no trust thing) while he get suited up. I miss this quiet cooperation when I dive with other people.

Can't wait until we get him a drysuit too. We found a great deel on one for me first. Great deal and it fit, right down to the boots.

Sue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom