Dive times in coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cando

Reaction score
I was recently discussing visitng coz for a diving trip when one of my diving buddies told me that most ops in coz limit your dive time or bottom time to 35 mins on each dive.

Is this true? Isnt that like robbing you of your full dive? I'm used to 50 mins or 500 psi.....anyone?

Thanks

In my January 03 visit to Scuba Club Cozumel, I did 19 boat dives with average length of 56 minutes. Shortest was 36 minutes/129' at Punta Sur. Longest were a Paradise night dive and Villa Blanca Dropoff, both at 67 minutes. They generally called the dive at around 1 hour, independent of how much gas was left.

SCC uses AL80, and the profiles are generally 20-30 minutes on the wall, then moving inshore to around 45'. The better operators will put divers of the same ability level together on a boat

There are other operators that use larger tanks, so that even divers with higher air consumption rates can have 60 minute dives.

Charlie

p.s. There ARE quite a few CANCUN operators that limit dives to 35 or 40 minutes, but no Cozumel ones that I know of.

I dive with Aldora and they use the big steel 120s. All of my dives were over an hour but I agree that they seem to "call" the dives right around an hour.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom