Dive THE GREAT WALL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bayba24

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone,

I will be in Beijing in the first week of December.. was wondering if anyone would like to dive the Great Wall with me?! I'm from Vancouver, BC, (Canada). Let's pick a date and dive shop (because I will travelling light -- bringing only my wetsuit, mask, fins). I speak mainly Cantonese and English, my Mandarin is Terrible! Let's DIVE DIVE DIVE!

Thanks!

If I were there, I'd be interested. I've looked at places to dive in China (Hainan, Dalian), but this would combine a dive with some very interesting history associated with it. I wonder what the visibility is like?

Sorry to tell you, but diving in that area would be almost entirely inaccessible during the winter. Although you could reach the area by road, there would be few if any boats that can take you to the site, and there would be no accommodation open nearby as there is in warmer months.

If you'd like to go in more seasonable weather, I would be happy to arrange it for you.

Thanks for that info, maybe next summer Ill come by too then, thanks everyone for all ur replies!

Wow my first time in China was amazing. I'm glad to be home tho (Vancouver)! I didn't like the "free hotel accomadations" ... yes.. free because the flight to Shanghai was delayed.. there were COCHROACHES!!! *so scared*... I didn't get to do any diving.. so to make up for it I went and climbed 7-8 waterfalls which was pretty awesome too! Leaving for Brazil on Jan 4.. Ill probably get to do diving there ^_^

Hi Bay,
Sorry you didn't get to do any diving.
I was only talking about the Great Wall dive yesterday to one of my friends.
I would love to do this but need to get some money in the kitty first!

Hope you get to do this in the summer and I will keep an eye out for your report!!

Have a great 2010.

So how was Brazil?? What is it that allows you to travel to such diverse places? Is it work or are you just enjoying yourself while on vacation.....

Cheers,
Roger

Back
Top Bottom