Dive Tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

camuhrun

Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday at scuba class we went over dive tables...and whoo, i'm so happy. I totally psyched myself out over the tables b/c they seemed so intimidating. So if there is anyone else out there who hasn't covered tables yet in your class and think they look scary, dont worry. It gets easier once you get the hang of how the tables are set up. Its almost kind of fun! haha

so just thought i'd share
-camuhrun

i'm so nervous for my test coming up...it has 85 questions i think, ahhh!

Im' teaching the wheel to six divers next week. If you can do the tables you will love the wheel. It looks like lots of bells and whistles at first but after a few problems it's simple. Granted it's not a computer but for $50 a diver can log a lot more bottom time.

Scubatoys has a free download program that will help you if you ever have problems.
http://www.scubatoys.com/store/Education_Materials.asp

If memory serves me right, Larry said that if you wanted it registered to let them know that you are a scubaboarder and they would give it to you for free. Pretty sure that was posted on here.

I went to one of the LDS's in the area to get a wheel. While they are SSI, they told me the wheel was outdated and hadn't seen one in a long long time. They also told me the wheel was more of a "PADI white elephant".

Needless to say I didn't get a wheel.

crpntr133:
Scubatoys has a free download program that will help you if you ever have problems.

If memory serves me right, Larry said that if you wanted it registered to let them know that you are a scubaboarder and they would give it to you for free. Pretty sure that was posted on here.

what's the difference in the downloadable "shareware" version and the "full version" you get when you register?

I went to one of the LDS's in the area to get a wheel. While they are SSI, they told me the wheel was outdated and hadn't seen one in a long long time. They also told me the wheel was more of a "PADI white elephant".

Well if you don't have the computer and your doing multiple dives the wheel is the next best thing. And the wheel doesn't use a battery. BTW/ Interesting story about the creation of it. Seems PADI thought the same thing about it as SSI in the beginning.
It's handy and 50 Bucks is cheaper than Decompression Treatment.

crpntr133:

Wish I'd known that before I bought mine from them - j/k it's been well worth it - I was able to learn the tables before I took my class and was very comfortable with them during class. I still do occassional problems on it just to make sure I keep in practice with my tables.

Thanks for posting your experience camuhrun - it's always a bit intimidating for someone coming into something new, even if it's simple, it's still an unknown.

Aloha, Tim

del_mo:

I guess I'd have to wonder why you would ask about the PADI WHEEL at an SSI SHOP? They have no incentive to say ANYTHING positive about anyone but their own agency.

In a nutshell, once you learn it, the Wheel is faster and easier to use than the traditional RDP. It is also the only logical way to calculate multilevel dives without a dive computer.

DSDO,

Back
Top Bottom