Dive Tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd:
Out of curiosity--what is the signifigance of the 5 ft intervals?

While I have not seen every table ever made, the ones I have seen are all in 10 ft increments, which leads me to think that statistically there is no need to break the depths down in anything smaller than 10 feet increments.

One reason the tables use 10 foot intervals is that 5 foot intervals would make the tables too big. With 5 foot intervals you get more accurate results because you don't round off as much. This occasionally gives you slightly longer bottom times, which may or may not be important to you.

diverbob:
What I found with the Wheel going through my DMC class, is that there is a greater chance of error as well. Even doing practice problems in class, we would be argueing if the line was touching or piercing. I also heard this is the last year for the wheel. PADI is finally going to retire it.

Firstly, there has been no mention from PADI HQ about The Wheel being "retired". If this were so, they would have announced it at DEMA @ the CD Update.

Secondly, it's all a matter of practice to be able to tell the difference between "piercing" and "touching". Initially it might seem like they are almost the same, but trust me, it's an easy call once you get used to using it.

Keep at it, young Skywalker... good luck on your DM. :thumb:

crpntr133:
Correct me if I am wrong but the wheel is part of the Padi DM class. So can you request to be taught without taking the DM class? A DB of mine is taking the DM class and loves the wheel, now that he understands it.

You can get instruction in wheel use outside of DM. Either do a PADI Multilevel Adventure Dive or go the whole hog and do the multilevel specialty.

Just for information, a while ago on another board I was challenged about the validity of the emergency deco procedures mentioned on the RDP. This escalated in a technical discussion which forced me to haul out the wheel. The so-despised wheel illustrated that the RDP is indeed a very valid table.

Or just buy one and read the instruction booklet.

The Kraken:
Or just buy one and read the instruction booklet.

And the VIDEO, don't forget the VIDEO! :rofl:

Bob3:
Does it come with a PATCH too?

Probably not. For the patch you would have to padi...pay another dollar in. :wink:

Bob3:
Does it come with a PATCH too?

Sorry... it's sort of a inside joke about the Video. While it's true that it's a good tool in learning how to use the Wheel, the actors are simply terrible.

Best line: "We've PADI Instructors... we LIVE for this stuff!" :lol2:

SubMariner:
I guess I'd have to wonder why you would ask about the PADI WHEEL at an SSI SHOP?
DSDO,

I had no idea it was a "PADI" wheel. Silly me

SubMariner:
Sorry... it's sort of a inside joke about the Video. While it's true that it's a good tool in learning how to use the Wheel, the actors are simply terrible.

Best line: "We've PADI Instructors... we LIVE for this stuff!" :lol2:

Do those videos have the goofy comic relief guy? I couldn't stop laughing at the video during my OW.

Back
Top Bottom