Dive Tables Practice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eskasi

Contributor
Reaction score
Is there anywhere I can get more quizzes on dive table questions (with answers) so that I can practice them?

I will admit that I was only 99% comfortable with my ability to compute and would like to be 100% clear on it and be able to do it fast and like 2nd nature).

I want to do this before I go and do my Deep Diving Specialty as well. I will be doing this on vacation so I would rather be really good at tables before going....instead of spending time trying to relearn something I should already know (and know WELL)

I know that there is software out there...but all I really need are questions and answers. I would rather not have to pay for it if possible.

Eskasi,

What tables are you using?

Are there any specific table questions you are having problems with or do you just want to practice. The minimum surface interval questions are the ones I see students having the most problems with.

Just a suggestion however. Have you thought about buying a dive computer? If you have a buddy that will be using tables too then you won't have a problem, but if you don't and there are not any divers using tables where you are going then you may have trouble finding a buddy:) Tables are fine but you will be losing alot of dive time using tables. I would really think about going ahead and getting a computer. You will be happier in the long run.

Eskasi--

I think the best way to practice tables is using Table Tutor. That's a program that's available from Scuba Toys here for free (for ScubaBoard members, of which you are one).

Download the Shareware version from the web site. The first time you open it, it will ask you for an unlock code.

Send a Personal Message to ScubaToys here, with the share ware number that shows up on the same page that asks you for the unlock code.

ScubaToys will send you your unlock code by return PM. Enter it in, and you've got unlimited practice with any of the tables (PADI, SSI, NAUI, etc.).

Cheers!

--Marek

Thanks Guys!,

Rawls;

I got a Suunto D9....but I also know that there are no excuses for knowing how to do them tables 100%. I really would like to get to the point where it becomes 2nd nature to look at them.

Marek;
Thanks for the info. I didn't realise that I could PM Scubatoys for the code. Awesome!

I love Scubaboard (& ScubaToys)!

Eskasi:
Marek;
Thanks for the info. I didn't realise that I could PM Scubatoys for the code. Awesome!

I love Scubaboard!

Hey!!! That's supposed to be I love ScubaToys and ScubaBoard! :D

Your code is in your pm folder!

scubatoys:
Hey!!! That's supposed to be I love ScubaToys and ScubaBoard! :D

Your code is in your pm folder!

Thanks!....I made the appropriate changes :D

We both learned something from marek...Wasn't aware of Table Tutor. I agree that it is always a good idea to know tables.

Table Totor sounds like a very useful piece of software - but I use a Macintosh, and this appears to be Windows based.
Anyone know of equivalent software for the Mac?
Thanks.

My instructor gave us a trick question and can some one help me. You go down 100' for 10 mins, SIt is :04 then you go down 90' for 15 mins.help is greatly appreciated.

By the nitrox cert book and you'll get lots more practice doing the knowledge reviews. That's where my table skills solidified. You not only have to use the RDP, you have to go back and forth to the nitrox tables which complicates it. Very good class if you take the full PADI class and actually do the reviews.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom