Dive Subic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those searching for Subic dive centers in the future, I'd also add Subic Scuba College to the list. We just opened our doors and do all the PADI stuff, including the DSAT Tec Deep and Trimix. Also, TDI courses, including Technical Wreck...and ANDI Certification on the Evolution, Megladon and Hammerhead CCRs.

Website is pending... but for Facebook users...check our group page... Subic Scuba College | Facebook

Anyone need any advice on diving in Subic, or the Philippines in general, then please feel free to drop me a line.
smile.gif

Yet another dive operation popping up in Subic! oh boy, here we go again.....there goes my backyard...

Another thumbs up for Johan's if you're into the tech stuff. Don't mind the bungees on his wing :mooner: j/k

johan2.jpg

You might want to consider what type of location you prefer. Johan's and Blue Rock are over in Barrio Barretto/ Baloy Beach. More laid back, local feel to the area. And then you have the freeport side which is more upscale (but given it's a former US Navy base, it feels like you're in a timewarp to 1960-70's California with small strip malls and military-base style architecture! - with the exception of Subic Yacht Club...).

edit: it's not that convenient to go back and forth between the Freeport and Barrio Barretto a I believe the trike taxi's are not allowed into the Freeport.

Wow!! I thought I was seeings things again, thought you said STRIP Bars, my kinda dive site, yahoooo

Wow!! I thought I was seeings things again, thought you said STRIP Bars, my kinda dive site, yahoooo

:rofl3: rumor has it that those exist as well...

I dived with Johann's crew a few years ago. Although we were doing a shallow dive(18-25m I think), my only concern was that the dive boat left us to pick up the first group of divers who were dropped off(I believe they were doing a technical dive). There's always that "what if there was an emergency" lingering in my mind after that dive.

Yet another dive operation popping up in Subic! oh boy, here we go again.....there goes my backyard...

Is there so many? lol Having previously run a dive center in Thailand... I was just enjoying being in a location where the market wasn't completely saturated. :)

If you're in the area, pop in and say hello...we're next to Pier One.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom