Dive spot recommendations? Where would you go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tazman7

Registered
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I am taking another cruise in December and looking for your advice on which islands we should dive at. We are headed to Barbados, Antigua, Dominica, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St. Thomas.

We are both just open water divers and have been about 20-25 different dives. We are trying to get advanced open water before our cruise, but I don't think our schedules will allow for it.

We will be docking at all of our destinations so there will be no messing around with taking the ferry to the island. :mooner::D

Dominica is a MUST-------Dive Dominica(Castle Comfort Lodge's dive shop) does cruise ship diving, would HIGHLY recommend them, they are wonderful.......Here's some pics both UW & topside to get your interest up & going.....DO NOT pass it up, as others will probably pipe in & tell you, too...All my Dominca albums have Dominica in their titles(about 8 or 9 I believe), just look on the left side of the page linked.......good luck & enjoy your trip.......

Pictures by GEAUXtiger - Photobucket

EDIT: very 'easy' diving ie no currents & max depth was about 90 feet---could have stayed higher if wanted to.....all dives are planned for max bt of 1 hour.....

St Thomas is a must dive also, they have great wrecks to dive; The Miss Opp, The WIT Shoal, the Kennedy. Blue Island Divers go to all the good sites, they are a first class operation. They will pick you up at the cruise ship dock, as well as, take you to the least dived sites.

You can now do your advanced class online with PADI E-learning and then do your cert dives in your destinations, this makes it a little eaiser to do.

Good luck with your planning, have a great trip!

Check them out at St. Thomas scuba diving

St. Lucia has great diving as well - if you have the chance, dive them all and tell us all about them!

Come and see us in St Kitts.
Lots of dive sites suitable for OW divers and good relaxed diving with plenty to see.
BUT don't pay the cruise ship price.
See my website for more info or PM me for more advice.
T

What shape are the reefs in? Is the diving still good or have the hurricanes destroyed them?

What shape are the reefs in? Is the diving still good or have the hurricanes destroyed them?
St Kitts reefs are in excellent condition. The soft corals at the moment are particularly good.
We have not seen a hurricane for may years (and we wish it to remain that way).
T

Another vote for Dominica, I definitely wouldn't miss the diving there, though the jungle topside activities are pretty cool too. Whatever you do don't just just get off the ship and wander around "downtown" Roseau for the day, the underwater or jungle portions of Dominica are many many times more interesting than Roseau. Here's a link to a trip report, with lots of photos, I made from our June Dominica trip.

Diverrex.com

Thank you for all of your help! I will check out those dive sites for sure. CANT WAIT!!

Also, are there any good shore diving spots on any of the listed islands? We have all of our gear except tanks. So doing that could save some money.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom