Dive Slates - Kids Toys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim Ingersoll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought a wrist slate and was very unimpressed. It was a cheapy (in relative terms $13.00). It was one of those that you write on with a pencil and then spend twenty minutes trying to clear underwater. In Cozumel our divemaster was using a kids toy for a dive slate. It was a $5.00 " mini-magna-doodle". It worked awesome. My dive buddies and I have all adopted this piece of equipment and don't plan to ever dive without it. We can finally communicate underwater easily and without spending a lot of time with it. Does anyone else use the kids toy?

One of the best toys that "Mr. Gadget" bought was his dive slate. It is just a magna doodle that has a clip and holding case. It is a dream for playing hang-man...connect the dots, or anything else you want to talk about u/w. Erases easy, hasn't flooded yet, and we enjoy having it.....By the way, "Mr. Gadget" is my dive buddy...he is always buying some toy/tool/etc. Not always diving related, but usuallly that's the motivation.

P.S. those wrist slate things suck...good for writing a plan on though...just remember which one is the current plan

Anyone else have any toys/tools that work great u/w?

toypedos (the bigger oens, the little ones are a joke)....u/w frisbees....and some people have told me spear guns are a lot of fun too.

are a great deal of fun :)

The BBQ loves what they bring to feed it :)

The mini-magnadoodle is cool. Alot of prople don't like the thick line it uses but we've found it to be alot easier to read underwater. And with the ability to erase it quickly, you can always write more.

It will eventually flood. I replace mine once a year whether it needs it or not! The last one cost me less than $6.

I got a no-name one at Big Lots for $1.98, and it's still going after about a dozen dives.

Back
Top Bottom