dive skin recommendation for roatan please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just got back from Roatan last week. I ended up getting an Aeroskin before we went. I was fairly comfortable in it. It was a lot easier than messing with my 3m. I did wear my 3m when we did the night dive as that was the 4th dive of the day.
My husband does not get cold and he just wore a rash guard and bathing suit. He only wore his wetsuit for the night dive.
The water temp was average 82 but after a while that gets cool to me. I think you will be fine in a skin. Most others on the boat wore 3m shorties some over a skin.

For a recent trip to Bonaire, I brought both a 3mm and a Mares Coral .5 mm suit. I never got the 3mm wet. The .5 was easy to slip on and off, gave me a little bit of thermal protection and protected me against any stinging, biting, scratching stuff in the water.

I'll be in Roatan next month and am bringing my 1.5mm microprene full suit, hoping it'll keep me warm and safe from scratches and stings for 18+ dives over the week. In the event I do chill after a while, I'm also bringing my 3mm vest to wear under my full suit. Gotta keep the core temp up. It's miserable taking a chill. Better safe than sorry. Last February in Coz I wore a 5/4mm full.

Hubby decided to get some long sleeve rash guards to wear with boardshorts and dive in that. He's still gonna bring his 3mil suit along though in case he wants it at night.

Hubby decided to get some long sleeve rash guards to wear with boardshorts and dive in that. He's still gonna bring his 3mil suit along though in case he wants it at night.

If he is like my husband he will be fine. He just wore a short sleeve.

awesome, thx. i'll be wearing my 3mil suit..........i'm cold natured, and have never gotten hot in it in cozumel,saba,little cayman,bonaire.......so i should be fine.

For warm water I use a very worn out 3mm. Not much buoyancy left to it so weight is minimal.

I was just there last week and the water temperature was in the mid 80s. I'm generally on the colder side when I dive and I was fine with a rash guard and board shorts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom