Dive sites in Greece - Peloponnese

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fireboat57

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am starting to put my vacation for May 2005 together. I will be spending two weeks based out of Ermioni just to the west of the Island of Hydra.

Is there good diving on the Peloponnese and how do I contact a dive operator if there is? Most of the websites for Ermion are not very helpful on diving.

On a different subject: Does anyone have information on renting a motorcycle in Greece?

Thank you - Toby

I can't help you with your first question, but renting motorbikes in Greece is easy. Most of the rental shops don't even ask for a drivers license. Also if you hire from a rental shop, read the small print on the agreement, as you are not fully insured and if you had an accident regardless of blame, you would have to pay a penalty. I would recommend hiring direct from your tour operator, might be a bit more expensive, but no hidden charges.
The roads aren't really the safest in Greece, and are very slippery, most tour reps do not advise renting motorbikes.
The locals do not wear crash helmets, and in some parts of Greece neither do the police, but I have seen tourists being stopped by police and been given a hefty fine for this.

Hope you enjoy your time in Greece. These islands are beautiful. :wink:

The mini-shrines by the side of the roads give a hint about the safety (or lack of!) of greek roads....

Well, I've been divorced twice, the roads and drivers in Greece can't be any worse than that :wink: Guess I'd better be careful driving when I'm there though.

I do appreciate the information. Now if I can just find something about the diving. Surfing the internet it seems like Greece just doesn't have a lot of dive operators or the ones that are out there just aren't on the net.

Thanks again - Toby

Diving isnt legal in all of greece and the few places it is legal its very tightly regulated and restricted so as a result some areas may have no operators, others may have a few. See the other threads below on what its actually like (my view is its a bit repetetive due to no wrecks, no night etc).

A 10 second google search revealed a few diving operators on the island of Hydra so there are several you can check out.

Hi Fireboat
Euro divers are one that I know of, we have never dived with them though so unable to tell you what they are like. String is absolutely correct, diving is very restricted in parts of Greece. :11:
However I do know that on the island of Crete, there are the remains of a city, which sometimes can be seen even when snorkling. Not sure if you are allowed to dive it though, will try to find out and let you know. :wink:

You arent....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom