Dive sites I will always do again, dive site I will not do again.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The rung on the ladder at Oil Slick has been missing since last August. It definitely makes exiting more difficult. I am a bit shocked that it has not been replaced yet. Maybe no one sees it as their responsibility? Stinapa headquarters is within walking distance to Oil Slick, but apparently that sort of thing is not what they concern themselves with?

The rung on the ladder at Oil Slick has been missing since last August. It definitely makes exiting more difficult. I am a bit shocked that it has not been replaced yet. Maybe no one sees it as their responsibility? Stinapa headquarters is within walking distance to Oil Slick, but apparently that sort of thing is not what they concern themselves with?
Buddy Dive's Caribbean Club considers Oil Slick their house (at least, closest) reef, and I believe they replaced the rung(s) in the last couple of months during all the down time.

Buddy Dive's Caribbean Club considers Oil Slick their house (at least, closest) reef, and I believe they replaced the rung(s) in the last couple of months during all the down time.
Awesome! Good to know. I remember when it got destroyed last August while I was there that entire month. There were 2 days of super strong northerly winds that caused much damage along the west coast. Karpata was very challenging to get in and out of due to the huge rocks and boulders that got pushed up in front of the concrete slab. I was back for 2 weeks this past January and the ladder rung had still not been replaced then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom