Dive Sites from Above

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbianchi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
From what I've been told, the vis in the bay was pretty good this weekend. With all that I had going on diving and or taking out a tour was out of the question.

However my surprise fathers day gift was a helicopter ride over the bay. The fog was creeping in on us but our pilot was able to get us in under. It was awesome to get to fly over the coast down to lovers and see all the dive sites, boats, and divers bubbles!

If you were on any of the dive boats that have me the 'OK' I tried to return it to you :wink:.

Down in Carmel it was amazing how much more blue the water appeared. No idea on the vis but perhaps it's better there today.

It was fun to get a different perspective on our dive sites, the kelp beds, and just how we all look diving out there in general. Thanks to my awesome wife for making it happen.

Be safe out there!

From what I've been told, the vis in the bay was pretty good this weekend. With all that I had going on diving and or taking out a tour was out of the question.

However my surprise fathers day gift was a helicopter ride over the bay. The fog was creeping in on us but our pilot was able to get us in under. It was awesome to get to fly over the coast down to lovers and see all the dive sites, boats, and divers bubbles!

If you were on any of the dive boats that have me the 'OK' I tried to return it to you :wink:.

Down in Carmel it was amazing how much more blue the water appeared. No idea on the vis but perhaps it's better there today.

It was fun to get a different perspective on our dive sites, the kelp beds, and just how we all look diving out there in general. Thanks to my awesome wife for making it happen.

Be safe out there!

I would have done a helicopter entry into Pt. Lobos myself. Glad you had fun. Hope the rest of your day is as enjoyable! :wink:

Point Lobos takes considerably longer to get to/from so there would have been a lot less time spent getting to look at things.

I had asked about going there. We did get to get about half way from pebble beach to monastery before turning up salinas valley.

5858424627_efc13d5aec_b.jpg

5858978376_f1dc31db7a_b.jpg

5858980686_c3ea733789_b.jpg

5858428743_aa45263a95_b.jpg

5858982656_ceff158498_b.jpg

5858991394_c93749baab_b.jpg

5858442361_a973671273_b.jpg

bbianchi,

Awesome pics. Can you name the sites you photographed? I'm a newbie to California diving and cannot recognize them. Thanks.

bbianchi,

Awesome pics. Can you name the sites you photographed? I'm a newbie to California diving and cannot recognize them. Thanks.

1. Bottom to top

Breakwater
Hidden Beach
McAbee Beach

2. The radio tower (left) is McAbee Beach

3. N/A

4. Left to right, Lovers 1 & Lovers 2. On the other side of the point is Lovers 3

5. Lovers 1

6. N/A, theres diving there but not really from the beach.

7. Butterfly House

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom