Dive site: The Rock (westcoast)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I don't know if this has been posted before but if not, I'd like to share this unmarked dive site.

It's a nice site with a bit of a different layout then the rest of the west coast. Take the road to south past the salt pier and when you pass the divesite invincibles you drive another few 100 meters until you see some manually placed rocks in a moonshape. Park the car there.

Enter the water and either swim over the surface or underwater at 300 degrees (or just "a bit" to the right, that will also work). The main reef will end and you will see, if the visibility is good, a rock formation after the white sand. It's like a little mountain depth 27m at the front and 18m at "the top". The backside is deeper but there is not so much there so there's not really a point in going any deeper there. Make a nice circle around it and when you're finished return to the main reef. Swim to the north. After a few minutes you will see the double reef starts again. Cross over to the other site and explore the reef here, it's very nice with a lot of life. We found flounders, anemone shrimps, highhat, juvenile, different types of moray eel and the biggest porcupine we've ever seen. Most of the double reef is around 18-26m but there is a possibility to go deeper if you like, however we didn't choose to do so because we feel there wasn't so much there. After you've explored the double reef return to the main reef, here you are on the edge of the divesite invisibles, very beautiful by itself.

I really liked this dive site as it offers a different layout the most of the sites on the westcoast and it is very much alive.

I don't know if this has been posted before but if not, I'd like to share this unmarked dive site.

It's a nice site with a bit of a different layout then the rest of the west coast. Take the road to south past the salt pier and when you pass the divesite invincibles you drive another few 100 meters until you see some manually placed rocks in a moonshape. Park the car there.

Enter the water and either swim over the surface or underwater at 300 degrees (or just "a bit" to the right, that will also work). The main reef will end and you will see, if the visibility is good, a rock formation after the white sand. It's like a little mountain depth 27m at the front and 18m at "the top". The backside is deeper but there is not so much there so there's not really a point in going any deeper there. Make a nice circle around it and when you're finished return to the main reef. Swim to the north. After a few minutes you will see the double reef starts again. Cross over to the other site and explore the reef here, it's very nice with a lot of life. We found flounders, anemone shrimps, highhat, juvenile, different types of moray eel and the biggest porcupine we've ever seen. Most of the double reef is around 18-26m but there is a possibility to go deeper if you like, however we didn't choose to do so because we feel there wasn't so much there. After you've explored the double reef return to the main reef, here you are on the edge of the divesite invisibles, very beautiful by itself.

I really liked this dive site as it offers a different layout the most of the sites on the westcoast and it is very much alive.

I have seen that formation when diving Invisibles. It is nice.

There are piles of rocks, some with sticks in them all over Bonaire. I dive these spots often in lieu of the yellow rocks. There are some real gems among them.

The site is described in Susan Porter's BSDME.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom