Dive site depth advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had another question or two and I figured I'd just post them here rather than start a new thread:

1) I've read before on this forum instructions for how to dive from Angel City to the Hilma Hooker, but having trouble finding it - anybody done this?

2) Would a copy of BSDME get stolen out of a truck or is it ubiquitous enough on island that it's not worth stealing?

Thanks everyone!

Enter at AC. Swim out to buoy. Decend and head straight out to 2nd reef. Head right on second reef until you come across big anchor chain. Chain is looped. Follow the part of chain that will take you on a slight right hand turn down onto the sand heading towards 1st reef. Follow the imaginary line of the chain and very soon the bow of the Hooker will start to appear.

Enter at AC. Swim out to buoy. Decend and head straight out to 2nd reef. Head right on second reef until you come across big anchor chain. Chain is looped. Follow the part of chain that will take you on a slight right hand turn down onto the sand heading towards 1st reef. Follow the imaginary line of the chain and very soon the bow of the Hooker will start to appear.

Visuals!

1033107F-7315-4CB2-85C4-CA102A165D48.jpeg

590F2D2D-CD85-4C2A-AE0A-369DB7C5E3FA.jpeg

I've read before on this forum instructions for how to dive from Angel City to the Hilma Hooker, but having trouble finding it - anybody done this?

You can also swim into the wreck from The Lake by heading south between the two reefs. I can provide more details if necessary. Here is a video from my first experience.

Three Rays and a Hooker (Warning: Graphic Images)

I had another question or two and I figured I'd just post them here rather than start a new thread:

1) I've read before on this forum instructions for how to dive from Angel City to the Hilma Hooker, but having trouble finding it - anybody done this?

2) Would a copy of BSDME get stolen out of a truck or is it ubiquitous enough on island that it's not worth stealing?

Thanks everyone!

Your book won’t get stolen. The locals don’t dive much so it won’t interest them.

If you want a truly special dive, reach out to Bas (he posted here in the thread) and do a guided east coast shore dive. www.basdiving.com Trust me it is well worth it!! Guarantee you won’t run him out of air unless you’re diving a rebreather. Bas has gills I think and he will show you stuff you’ll never find on your own!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom