Dive Shops Kihei non cattle boat operations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richardbrown77

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All - I was hoping to tap into the vast depth of knowledge on this board.

In Kehei for a couple of weeks on vacation and I want to dive. I have been diving for years but am a recreational diver so gaps between them. I want to avoid any cattle boat operators. Any recommendations of operators who do not run cattle boats would be gratefully received. Not really looking for anything too tricky. Just happy getting wet!

Any of them. The Kihei boat ramp is too small to take large boats.

Aloha
If you can make it over to Lahaina to dive I highly recommend Dive Maui www.goscubadivemaui.com. GREAT people and they keep it small and ALWAYS FUN. They go To Lanai and Molokai for hammerheads on Thursday’s. I always recommend them to all my customers.

Mahalo
Scuba Steve
Maui Dive Connection
Www.mauidiveconnection.com

^^^ I agree, Ed Robinson's is a great operation. I have not tried Mike Severn, but they are very equivalent boats and I have heard very good things about them as well. I may try Mike's this year just for something different.

I also dive with Ed Robinson’s and recommend them highly. However, if you’re interested in diving Lanai, I highly recommend The Maui Diamond II. It’s a bigger boat, but the crew takes excellent care of you and they run small groups. I never felt rushed or crowded, and the big 46’ Newton was a nice ride over and back.

. However, if you’re interested in diving Lanai, I highly recommend The Maui Diamond II
Do they go over from Ma'alea?
Good to know.

I highly recommend Scuba Shack SCUBA Shack | The Best Dive Company on Maui.. They have a very nice boat and a very well thought out operation. The boat takes a maximum of 12 and leaves earlier than the other boats, which allows you to hit the sites before the other boats. Gear rental is included in the price and he rotates it every couple months. Blair is his main dive master and she is excellent.

I had a very poor experience with Ed Robinson’s. He was very nice, but the boat is older and his operation seems to be resting on it’s previous reputation. I had heard similar reports from other shops, which I naturally took with a grain of salt. I will likely write a more detailed review of my experience later. As with all experiences, div ops can be hit and miss. It depends so much on the crew, how you interact with them, your experience level, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom