Dive Shop web sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I must say, most dive shop websites are great examples of how not to build a website. Of course it is a big expense, so I understand the home brew websites. I am currently redoing my LDS's site, when I have time, I'll post it when I get it deployed. I would be happy if it weren't for M$ IE6

I think it depends if the operators are computer savy. The one's that are savy, usually use their sites to communicate with customers. The one's that aren't savy have static business cards, that become dated very quickly. But then there are sites like the Monterey Express, where you can actually book boat trips and get real-time reservation info. You'd think a site like that would look good, but instead it's this obnoxius throwback to 1995, when people used to have home pages. Remember home pages?

daniel f aleman:
Well, if you're talking effective: http://www.diverdans.com/ These guys do their website right, and Diver Dan's is one of the most successful local shops dive shops anywhere.

Really? I stopped by there once when I was in San Jose on business. I was actually wanting to buy a mask. There was one guy working and at least 4-5 folks waiting to be helped. I waited ... and waited .... and waited ...... and then I left. I wasn't very impressed.

jchull:
I must say, most dive shop websites are great examples of how not to build a website. Of course it is a big expense, so I understand the home brew websites. I am currently redoing my LDS's site, when I have time, I'll post it when I get it deployed. I would be happy if it weren't for M$ IE6

You must be trying to use CSS. :eyebrow:

trying!
I hate having to do everything twice because of the amount of crack they smoke in Redmond.

I've yet to see a website for an LDS that wasn't garishly obnoxious. I wonder if it's a lack of funds, or a lack of interest in the internet as a communication medium.

Simplicity is good:

I agree!:D I am quite proud of my website. What you see is after 4 years of re-doing and remaking it. Check it out and and PM me with what you think and any improvements I could make. :wink:Thanks for any advice on my web site!

www.fantaseadive.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom