Dive Shop Recommendations for Lake Erie and Lake Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tigerpaw

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently planning for a trip to Canada next year with plans to dive both Lake Erie and Lake Ontario for a few days. We will be staying near Niagra Falls. My plan is to dive Erie one day then dive Ontario the next. So far I found a Dans dive shop near Hamilton. I'm willing to drive up to an hour away which would place me in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Any suggestions for any dive shops that can do both these dives over a few days would be appreciated. Thanks.

Aquarius on Dundas in Etobicoke is pretty decent. Good supply of items, great air fills, nitrox always in spec, can’t go wrong really.

Depending on when you're planning on visiting, I might be able to arrange something, or at least help facilitate. My wife and I live in Hamilton, and dive regularly in the area. We are also friends with the couple running one of the active charter boats, and are always happy to jump on to fill seats and guarantee the boat has enough divers to go out. They work out of Dan's, and are regular loval divers themselves. There's also the Niagara river, for drift diving if that interests you... How many divers ?

Depending on when you're planning on visiting, I might be able to arrange something, or at least help facilitate. My wife and I live in Hamilton, and dive regularly in the area. We are also friends with the couple running one of the active charter boats, and are always happy to jump on to fill seats and guarantee the boat has enough divers to go out. They work out of Dan's, and are regular loval divers themselves. There's also the Niagara river, for drift diving if that interests you... How many divers ?
That’s a great offer!

That’s a great offer!
It sure is!!!
The majority of people on this board are very helpful and do what they can to help out.
Thanks to Dave I was able to make contact with Dan's Dive Shop and they will be able to accommodate me next year, so I am looking forward to it! I also was unaware of the drift diving so I'm going to do that as well, curious as to how it compares to Cozumel.

It sure is!!!
The majority of people on this board are very helpful and do what they can to help out.
Thanks to Dave I was able to make contact with Dan's Dive Shop and they will be able to accommodate me next year, so I am looking forward to it! I also was unaware of the drift diving so I'm going to do that as well, curious as to how it compares to Cozumel.
lol...it's certainly not cozumel. Max depth is like 20-30 ft, usually less, visibility varies, but it is quick. There are videos on YouTube showing what it's like. There are boulders you have to either vault, or go around. I like it, but my wife does not really enjoy it. She usually acts as shore support, jockeying the vehicle down to the next site

lol...it's certainly not cozumel. Max depth is like 20-30 ft, usually less, visibility varies, but it is quick. There are videos on YouTube showing what it's like. There are boulders you have to either vault, or go around. I like it, but my wife does not really enjoy it. She usually acts as shore support, jockeying the vehicle down to the next site
It’s a fun drift

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom