dive shop recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I snorkeled over to Villa Aldora yesterday from a neighboring residence and noticed that their swimming pool is bone dry. Worth looking into if that is a important factor for a reservation.

They have a salt water pool and drain, clean and fill every couple of days. Also Sept is slow season, if no customers they keep the pool dry. They have a filter pump that fills it quick from the sea.

Sorry, but this is the Cozumel sub-forum. The thread closes when it gets split by the mods for too many off-topic posts that cannot be simply culled out.

Here are some ways to steer the direction of the thread towards closing after 20-30 more pages:
  • How should I go about meeting a friend coming off a cruise ship for the day?
  • We are staying at an AI...
  • How much is a taxi from...?
  • I really want to dive Devil's Throat, but my buddy who only has 10 dives...
Don't forget anything to do with COVID-19 and related government conspiracies. :D

Don't forget anything to do with COVID-19 and related government conspiracies. :D

Of course, but those are part of the premium package.

They have a salt water pool and drain, clean and fill every couple of days. Also Sept is slow season, if no customers they keep the pool dry. They have a filter pump that fills it quick from the sea.
Ok thanks for clarification

True, and also this has not yet become a best restaurants thread.

I'm considering booking Villa Aldora for a dive trip next February. On TripAdvisor there's a scathing review about VA, the room conditions, and the turnover of management. Any updated reviews would be VERY appreciated.

I'm considering booking Villa Aldora for a dive trip next February. On TripAdvisor there's a scathing review about VA, the room conditions, and the turnover of management. Any updated reviews would be VERY appreciated.
Most people when they write a TA review do so to vent their spleen. :D

Most people when they write a TA review do so to vent their spleen. :D
Absolutely and I'm a seasoned traveler ... I know to ingest a salt shaker most of the time. But this bad review was very specific and long ... not just another "hair in the tub" kinda thing. And then they have a rash of glowing reviews all posted within a day or two by people with no other reviews on their profile .. makes me suspicious they're fake.

And then they have a rash of glowing reviews all posted within a day or two by people with no other reviews on their profile .. makes me suspicious they're fake.
Some businesses do prompt customers to post glowing reviews. Real customers, real praise, but it wasn't their idea.

Trip Advisor reason for being is to book hotels, excursions, and other commissionable products. It's a questionable source for reviews. You can google villa aldora cozumel review or villa aldora cozumel complaints, but you won't find much. I think you'll learn more from the Search feature here for villa aldora.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom