dive shop recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes 3Ps got us a taxi when it was all five of us, or a ride in their truck when there was just two or three of us.

That pretty much includes most to all of them. You can narrow your search a bit if you know whether you like a small fast boat or a slower larger one, if you want an op that handles all your equipment (which you pay for), and if you are content to dive on an AL80 tank (nearly all ops) or a larger steel tank (only a few ops, and again you'll pay for the difference). If you don't have preferences to those questions you can pretty much throw a dart.
Maybe whether you like the boat to pick you up at an intown dock or like going to the southern marina to board. It's a long boat ride from town docks, but I detest that southern marina now.

anyone been in the last couple months and have a dive shop recommendation in the recent time of covid?

This thread did a pretty good study and came up with a chart. Finding a (Best) Dive Op in Cozumel
Well, the last version is on page 6 so I'll add it here.

Not sure when the OP plans to go, but my trip is getting nearer (end of November.) I plan to do a quick check/update of all of the dive ops I put in the chart in the thread that Don referred to. Will do that within the next 2 weeks and get it posted.

The next time I go, I will dive with Julio Kin. I have dived with him when he would sub himself to Tres Pelicanos. Great dive master, and fun guy to be around.

thank you everyone this is more than i need to go on. thread closed as far as i'm concerned!

Don't be shy about coming back after your trip and letting us know who you picked and how it went!

Looks like Aldora are running a few diving w/ accommodation specials through October 2021:

NG7OAdd3USwJdQwAH1mEM4SV0ewSQxH4QdZgS70aWPJrtbNgDQp8isWv3zR-ZdLM-DmGNVci8d9f6rrgkHoP58Q1OF543PmNQomKlLFQO0uiOpYbEv0GEVjT8bjopndjcI3zIbu4UX8Yx9Lj3PA2hWB-d-GjBPgIPUeowuACfRgXZfzROeyCJu8YJ_rPNhH-FLDth0pVSM-jTsGtDRMUL_0V5aj4OMM4gNjfTcbtn6K0YHuCWQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear Aldora divers

We have a great accommodation deal to offer you at the Aldora Villa
as well as a great price for your diving with Aldora Divers.
20% off at the Aldora villa on selected suites,
Falice, Cameron, Barracuda, and North Suite.

We are also offering our 2 tank trips at 95 USD all included.
*This includes all taxes, marine park fees, and FREE NITROX.

Offer starts now and is valid now until October 31st.

Visit: https://www.aldora.com/prices-and-packages
for bookings and more information.

Aldora Villa

* Aldora Villa 20% off deal available for selected rooms only subject to availability.
Room prices do not include taxes.
*Diving price is flat fee, 95 USD per 2 tank trip all taxes and fees included*

Please get in touch with us at https://www.aldora.com/prices-and-packages for more information about booking this package.

The October deal is valid now until OCTOBER 31st, subject to availability.

We look forward to having you dive with us again!

Please visit: www.aldora.com
for bookings or more information

Aldora Divers | Calle 5 Sur #37, Entre Rafael E. Melgar y 5ta Avenida, Cozumel, Quintana Roo 77600 Mexico

Here are a few other diving w/ accommodation specials Aldora are running through October 2021:

8059ac75-b08e-4560-93bf-b6f60df2f162.jpg

Dear Aldora divers

We have some fantastic Dive and Stay deals to offer you, valid now until October 31st. We have 3 great options that we want to share with you,
Casa Mexicana, Hotel Vista del Mar, and Villas MayaLuum.

All packages are 7 nights stay and 5 days diving (based on 2 tank trip) with Free Nitrox included!

Visit: https://www.aldora.com/prices-and-packages
for bookings and more information.

Casa Mexicana

aa13f543-6595-4c3b-96b9-28299b6f2cb7.jpg

* Deposit of 300 usd required for booking. Balance can be paid in cash on arrival.
*Does not include Marine Park Fees*
Please get in touch with us at https://www.aldora.com/prices-and-packages for more information about booking this package.

Hotel Vista del Mar

f0c59128-d44f-4632-b2bf-fbf12d537a6a.jpg

* Deposit of 20 usd required for booking. Balance can be paid in cash on arrival.

Villas MayaLuum

9ca9cc72-ddc4-4944-a8cc-ae2f0ca5a733.jpg

* Deposit of 210 usd required for booking. Balance can be paid in cash on arrival.

Packages are 5 days diving, 2 Tank Trips and include FREE NITROX.
All packages are based on booking from now until OCTOBER 31st, subject to availability.

We look forward to having you dive with us again!

Please visit: www.aldora.com
for bookings or more information

2a42b2a1-deb5-4547-8763-1b0080f01a1a.png

Aldora Divers | Calle 5 Sur #37, Entre Rafael E. Melgar y 5ta Avenida, Cozumel, Quintana Roo 77600 Mexico

We have a great accommodation deal to offer you at the Aldora Villa
We are also offering our 2 tank trips at 95 USD all included.
*This includes all taxes, marine park fees, and FREE NITROX.

Not sure about the rooms, but the diving part is pretty good - it includes 3 things one normally has to pay for with Aldora: 16% tax of $15.20 per 2 tank dive, marine park fee of $4.50 per day, and $10 per tank for nitrox - a total of $39.70 per 2 tank dive savings.

Casa Mexicana, Hotel Vista del Mar, and Villas MayaLuum.

A different type of deal for the 5 days of diving since the costs are included in the dive and stay package, but 2 of the 3 resorts indicate taxes are included in the package price. All do include free nitrox, but marine park fees are not included.

If they could always offer the flat rate of $95 that included all taxes, nitrox, and fees, that would be amazing.

thank you everyone this is more than i need to go on. thread closed as far as i'm concerned!

Sorry, but this is the Cozumel sub-forum. The thread closes when it gets split by the mods for too many off-topic posts that cannot be simply culled out.

Here are some ways to steer the direction of the thread towards closing after 20-30 more pages:
  • How should I go about meeting a friend coming off a cruise ship for the day?
  • We are staying at an AI...
  • How much is a taxi from...?
  • I really want to dive Devil's Throat, but my buddy who only has 10 dives...
This is just a free sample pack. If you would like to upgrade to the premium thread destroyer level, please contact me for pricing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom