Dive shop or boat owners south Leyte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't someone just set the deep dive wreck record around Leyte? I have seen some charts from the US Navy that indicate wrecks in the 150m-200m area. Several of the folks that used to dive with John do that area regularly.

andibk:
I am looking for some contact info for either dive shops or boat owners on the south Eastern side of Leyte. I am interested in doing some deep wreck diving and need some place to help us with gear and such.

andibk

andibk,
you might want to get in touch with Roscoe Thompson of action divers at PG. They set-up that record wreck dive last year over there he might be able to help you. action@catsi.net.ph

Axua:
andibk,
you might want to get in touch with Roscoe Thompson of action divers at PG. They set-up that record wreck dive last year over there he might be able to help you. action@catsi.net.ph

Andibk, you might also might want to get in touch with Phil at Lalaguna Beach Club in PG (puerto galera) as well as they appear to cater to the most RB'ers in PG. Not sure if they can help with locating a support boat for you in Leyte, but could most likely help you source some kitty litter in the country for your trip...

http://www.llbc.com.ph/contact.html

Also, just noticed you're teaching on the Meg... good to know there are other meg instructors out here in Asia. Depending on how my finances are in a couple months, I may pull the trigger and put in an order for a Meg with Leon and might be contacting you...

andibk:
Yes the wrecks are quite deep in this area. Actually we are wanting to dive on the Yamashiro and the Fuso. The Yamashiro is suppose to be in the 210 meter range. The GPS to the Yamashiro can be found on the web however the water is only 130 meters where those GPS headings are. (I have good connections to maps) I know where the water depth is of 210 meters, I am wanting to come over with my friend and use a magnatometer to find the exact location of the wreck. The wreck has been found before and there are actually two other teams wanting to dive the wreck at this time. If anybody can help us with a boat captain who knows the waters there would be of great help. We will be needing support divers to help with the dives and will be inviting people along to help.
The cave exploration in Thailand I actually put that trip together. We are planning on returning to this cave and try some other passages plus take it a bit deeper. This cave seems to be bottom less. I have a few more other caves to check out at the moment also. I put together quite a few of these trips and others are invited along. I have actually been on 9 ancient pottery wrecks in Thailand. Besides running these exploration trips I teach technical courses in between. Normally just technical diving such as cave, trimix and rebreathers.At this time can offer Drager, Azimuth, Kiss, Inspiration, Evolution and Meg courses.

andibk

Andibk,

Not trying to hijack your thread here, but you might be able to help me with the following: -

Hope you can...

(posted in Tech forum)

DEEP-rated camera housing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear all,

Some friends of mine are planning a National Geographic-covered Trimix deep dive to a Philippine wreck (I believe WWII), Topside is at 110m, bottom at 150m. Whilst this is to be filmed by NG, there is a lot of interest in obtaining an SLR / digital housing capable of withstanding the pressure.

All suggestions would be very welcome. Loans, purchases etc. As a result of the coverage, recognition to any assisting party can probably be arranged in the credits.

Personally this is quite a way out of my league and experience, so I'm unable to help myself. By putting it out to the wider SB audience, I'm hoping that someone out there might have had similar experience and/or might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for your time,

Camera's are always a pain in the ^&*(#@. I did a expedition in Indonesia and there must have been 3 cameras that where flooded. One of the cameras was its first time in the water. Can not blame the manufacture since they only rated them to 75 meters and the bottom divers where at 120-150 m.
The only manufacture that I know that can get even close is called either GATES or BATES. This camera is suppose to be rated to 120-130 meters. For the really deep stuff a custom camera housing will have to be made. I have contacted many people to see about getting a camera for the Yamashiro and they just about all say a special housing will have to be made.

andibk

Dear member

As far as i know there is only a handful of competant divers with equipt vessels the most experienced is gary he dived the east side of leyte for seven years and he is a commecial diver
he lives in padre burgos his number is 00639186794039 or philippine scubadiving, Philippine Scuba diving, Scubadiving in the philippines,Scubadivng southern leyte, whaleshark, padre burgos, scuba diving in the philippines. if not busy he will do that kind of work

I was wondering where this thread came from, two and a half years old, but at least the info finally got there :)
Z..

That's a nice camera, even used...

Back
Top Bottom