Dive Shop In Dania

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ruminari

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering if anyone could give me a dive shop recommendation for Dania. My wife and I will be staying at the White Sands Inn and will be doing some shore diving in the area. So a dive shop near the John U Lloyd Beach State Recreation Park would be ideal. I have seen some recommendations for some dive shops up further north of here, but would really like to have something that isn't going to take 20 to 30 minutes each way in travel time.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Ruminari, when you and your wife get to Dania Beach, give us a call at Divers Direct / World Watersports and I'll be happy to give you directions from your hotel to our location. We're only 5 miles from your hotel and very easy to get to.

We have a lot of Scubaboard members in our area who do a lot of shore diving that I'm sure would have some great recommendations for you. If you would like, PM me and I can put you in touch with a couple of them.

Also, if Mother Nature goes on a rant and gives us some weather that makes shore diving or boat diving not too appealing, we have some pretty good fresh water diving at our Tigertail Lake facilities right in front of our Dania Beach location.

-Bill

Also there is a shop on Dania Beach Blvd called Coastal Marine Diving Supply. 954-923-2388. They are the closest dive shop to John U. Lloyd beach. If you go, tell them Jenny sent you. Er, better yet, don't. LOL

+1 for Coastal Marine! Great shop, good people. They have knowledge and experience of the area. Jenny turned me onto them and they have been there since 1963. Which means they can direct you to great spots.. other than some medium sized lake that is better suited for rope swinging than diving.

Eric

Awesome replies everyone, they are greatly appreciated. Since I got a few of you on hand I was wondering if I could get a few more questions answered, 2 for 1. :) Are there any definite sights you guys would suggest for shore diving? (Also interested in a spring dive and I know the wife wants to get in with the manatees once) Finally, if the weather isn't cooperable for shore diving what is a good boat dive charter in the area?

Now lets hit up the individuals -

howarde - Thanks for the heads up, however I'm going to have to be renting tanks anyhow so that kinda leaves out World Watersports.

Frogman48 - Hey Bill, I tried calling the Divers Direct / World Watersports in Dania today and seeing about the tank rentals however they said that hey don't do any rentals. Perhaps I was calling the wrong number. What is the number there? I would also appreciate getting in touch with some other divers there that would be willing to pitch in a suggestion or two.

Scuba_Jenny - Thanks for the dive shop recommendation. I definitely have to give that a look. Orlando Eric actually told me to get ahold of you for some up to date dive information as to some good places to shore dive and perhaps even a charter to hit up if shore diving isn't the greatest. Do you have any must dive recommendations?

Orlando Eric - Thanks again for the input Eric.

Thanks for all of your input everyone it is greatly appreciated as it's always hard going to a place you have never been before simply based on a dive book that you got off amazon and shorediving.com.

If you're renting tanks, fill-express (in Pompano) may worth checking out as well.

Again, Coastal Marine rents tanks, has nitrox and knows the local beach diving sites quite well. Talk to Brian or Mike. Mike is the blonde haired owner, having bought the place after working there for 20+ years. Brian has been there quite a while also.
Your wanting to do manatees, springs and beach diving puts you all over the state. From Ft. Lauderdale area to Crystal River to swim with manatees is about 5 hrs. Here to the springs is almost that far. Keys are an hour+ away.
lemme know when you are plannning on being in town and I would love to be your tour guide on the beach dives-- weekends only though as I have to work for a living. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom