Dive Shop for Locals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tsays

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My husband and I are new residents of Hawaii, and new divers (10 dives). We are looking for a dive shop that we can dive with regularly...we're looking for recommendations. We'd also love to meet some other divers who live in the area who would like to dive regularly.

We live in Hawaii Kai - but the dive shop can be anywhere in Honolulu.

Mahalo! :14:

Aloha and Welcome to Oahu!

Some dive ops have dive clubs that offer discounted diving to local divers, Breeze would be one, Kaimana Divers has a club too. I'm sure there are more and someone will post them.
Another thing you can do is just start a thread "We want to dive such and such a site on what ever day" and most of the time someone is also planning to dive there too - especially now that North Shore sites are in season :wink:

Welcome to the board....

As Lisa mentioned, I run an active club here on Oahu with 25 members and growing! We dive Westside Sites, Hawaii Kai, Town Sites and North Shore. Feel free to take a look at my links and let me know if you would like to get out for a dive! I also offer spouse memberships at a discounted rate...

Mahalo,

G

Island Divers has a dive club and a store in Hawaii Kai. Nice big boat too.

Welcome to the Hawaii dive community!

I dive regularly with Gabe (Scottitheduck above) and Kaimana Divers; I also have dove with Breeze diveclub. Both are good ops, and both offer regular dives in Hawaii Kai. Kaimana offers some great westside charters as well as Waikiki diving too.

If you do happen to decide to pursue your advanced open water course I would suggest Kaimana , not because I get a nickel for a referral (haha) but because I did my advanced, my rescue, and currently doing my divemaster course with Gabe. He is a very talented teacher who will ensure you have the best educational experience. And if you do the advanced course you can start hitting up the great wrecks that are all around!!

Cheers,
Have fun and all the best in diving!!!

Jason Swanson

You can try Dive Oahu, in Kewalo Basin. Just in case you don't know that name, because I didnt, it's across from the Ward Centres. They have a dive club and a boat that is pretty nice. Ok, maybe I should stop there before I sound like I'm selling the place. But hey... I work there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom