dive shop + alona beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually avail the services of Sierra Madre Divers. They're highly competent, reliable and very professional.

I dove with Sundivers two years ago. It was a well run shop with good DMs, it has changed owners since. The DM I had still works there. Make sure in Alona you dive Balicasag all the sites there are very nice. Eat at Juguli's for some really good food.The spit roasted chicken on the main road is the bomb. There is no shortage of dive shops, restaurants, places to stay.

I think everyone was quite busy celebrating the New Year, OP ;P

Anyhoo, I went diving with Genesis Divers end-Nov and the DMs are pretty good. The staff/instructors were good company as well :) You might wanna check them out, they're right between Hayahay and Alona Palm resorts. Rates are competitive and equipment/boats were clean.

A friend runs the dive shop in Amorita Resort. You might wanna check them out as well, and you don't need to stay in Amorita to dive with them.

Hope that helped :) Cheers!

Does anybody could give me informations about diveshop to Alona Beach ?
If possible also informations about sun divers .
Thank

I have an Alona Beach area map on my website if that helps you.

Sun Divers (#23 on my map) is on the highway and they have to transport you to and from the beach for diving. Not a big deal. They do offer free Nitrox. They have one large boat versus some other shops that may have more. More boats equals more choices for dive sites.

I do all my diving with Seaquest (#21 on my map) when I am there for extended periods. They have three large boats and two speedboats which makes for more choices of dive sites. For example; the large boat may go to Balicasag for a two or three tank dive, another large boat may go to Cabilao for the day (depending on the number of divers) and the speedboat goes to a closer site for two dives with a lunch break between dives.

Thank eveybody for these usefull informations .
Especially to you Jim . The matter of fact is that we are going to stay two months to Alona , and that we are two divers husband and wife . It will make almost 120 dives or even more ..so ..
Sundivers is a bit less expensive than Seaquest , but Seaquest seems to have more to offer .So I think that we will dive also with seaquest .:)

I dive with Scuba World in Alona. They have several boats and good DMs. I've had good experiences with them. I also dove with Sea Explorers before, a bit more expensive but good too.

For long stays, I would try to rent a house. Failing that, try Alonaland. I always stay there. They are not on the beach so cheaper, but the rooms are great (P1800 for aircon room, less for fan room). If you want to be on the beach, consider Lost Horizon. Best price for a good room. Book early, they are very popular.

I dove with Philippine Fun Divers. The name says it all. I plan to dive with them when I return. Belyong Salas was my DM/guide, he did a great job, above and beyond great service. I am also a PADI DM here in Honolulu, so it was nice to see a well run dive operation. When I emailed them about my trip prior to arrival, they replied right away and made sure all was ready for my days of diving. HAve fun

I dove with Philippine Fun Divers. The name says it all. I plan to dive with them when I return. Belyong Salas was my DM/guide, he did a great job, above and beyond great service. I am also a PADI DM here in Honolulu, so it was nice to see a well run dive operation. When I emailed them about my trip prior to arrival, they replied right away and made sure all was ready for my days of diving. HAve fun

Belyong is one of the best DM's in Alona Beach. Unfortunately he is no longer with PFD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom