dive safari and oly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roswin

Reaction score
:06:
Dear oly friends, in three weeks time I will participate to a dive safari in Sinai, Red Sea. I will take with me my C-50 zoom with it's PT-014 case. The boat is big enought with private rooms for all the divers. We are planned to make among three to four dives a day. My question is how to keep my camera between the dives of the same day. I thought, simply put it in a bowl with fresh water without taking out the camera and to take the camera out finally in the evening after the last day dive.
Does it sound right?

The problem with most rinse buckets/tubs, is the damage that can occur to your rig. The vibration of the boat motors can loosen screws and fittings, the sloshing around can bump and rub your rig against others. The best thing to do is to rinse your rig, then keep it wrapped in a damp towel. This keeps it moist and prevents any salt crystals from forming. If you're doing 3-4 dives a day, I highly suspect you'll ned to change the batteries and/or memory card before the end of the day.

bring your own, a small folding cooler. Put water in it and some towels as DEE said look your own great if you can keep others way from it .

Yeah, I forgot about the folding cooler idea. That's an excellent alternative to a public rinse tank. And as Medic says, you'll know it's yours. With so many Oly set-ups being used, it's a common mistake for the DM to pick up the wrong rig to hand to you in the water....been there!

The soft cooler is a must. It will insulate your camera and housing from the heat of the day. It can serve as a rinse tank as well.
If you need to fill the empty spaces in the cooler you can use the "water wings" that little kids wear on their arms when learning to swim. I have four of them. I cut the seams on them so they lay flat. You can inflate them to suit your needs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom