Dive Rite Wings and Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waz555

Reaction score
Hello!

im currently reasearching dive right products but i dont know what is best for me , since i dont know much people using this product.

any help would be great

what are the differences of these wings and which would you suggest?
i weigh around 150 pounds and stand around 5'10

rec exp wing or travel exp wing? or maybe you can suggest another that is really good

and is transplate harness good ?

thanks alot,

Go to the Dive Rite subforum and chat directly to one of the Dive Rite staff.

The big questions are: single tank or double tanks? Wetsuit, drysuit, no suit? And finally what's your own body's buoyancy like? A 150-lbs man is going to be different than a 150-lbs woman, a muscular 150-lbs man is going to be different than a chubby 150-lbs man.

The Transplate Harness is nice. I like the quick releases and the quick adjustable shoulder harnesses. Others prefer a single-piece harness, I prefer quick adjustment.

Basically everything that fnfalman said.

Given that you're asking about the rec or travel wing, I'm assuming that you're diving single tanks. Personally I dive the Venture wing and like it a lot. I know a few people that dive the Travel wing and they tell me that they want to switch to the Venture because of the way the wing is shaped. If you're prone to sinking feet, the Venture is great.

I like the Transplate Harness for single tank diving because I'm taking my BC on and off pretty often and making lots of configuration changes based on what type of diving I'm doing. When I get a doubles rig, I'll probably get a simpler harness.

Definitely check the Dive Rite subforum and give them a bit more info about the type of diving you do.

I dive the Transplate - though the basic or delux harness would really be about as good as I find once properly adjusted, I do not use the quick releases often. As for the wings, I have the older Venture wing and prefer it. For the new Venture wing, they have added additional lift that is not needed (I dive 7mm wetsuit and steel 100s). Of their current stock, I would probably go with the travel wing. You might also want to check out DSS (Deep Sea Supply). Tobin makes great wings. I will probably switch to his 27lb lift wing when I need a new one.

I dive 7mil wetsuit and heavy steel 100 tank as well. I chose the Venture even though the Travel would have been OK just because I wanted the extra lift in case I have to help float a buddy. But that's a personal call.

I'm a huge advocate of Diverite equipment, but this month we're drawing to a close on the Halcyon double down sales promotion.

You'll end up spending as much or more by the time you peice together a Diverite system with backplate/harness/wing/sta/integrated weight system/storage pak, etc...

We've got the Halcyon system with a better storage pack, better integrated weight system, your option on sta whether you want integrated v-weight or not, 30 or 40lb wing, stainless or aluminum plate, hog harness, plus you can get a double tank wing for $99.

Based on your height and weight, a 30lb system in s/s or al is going to work fine.

My pricing is in Canadian funds for all brands and no one is able to beat our packages, so PM me and we'll put a nice system together for you.

I just bought the classic exp and ss backplate and deluxe harness(all dive-rite). This set up is new to me. How do I set up a set of doubles? How do I set the backplate to the harness? I am not the kind that usually asks for help but....HELP. I spent quite awhile setting up the harness and plate and running the gusset on the wings

Thanks for your inputs, will post this on the dive rite thread. thanks alot :D

I just bought the classic exp and ss backplate and deluxe harness(all dive-rite). This set up is new to me. How do I set up a set of doubles? How do I set the backplate to the harness? I am not the kind that usually asks for help but....HELP. I spent quite awhile setting up the harness and plate and running the gusset on the wings

There are instructions for assembling doubles and for threading harnesses on the divegearexpress website, at least there used to be when it was dive rite express.

What exactly do you need to do? Are your tanks banded together with a manifold attached or do you need to do that? Is your backplate threaded yet?

Not that it's any of my business, but the classic wing is HUGE, almost certainly bigger than you need. It's appropriate (I guess) if you have multiple stages and lots of heavy gear. From your post it does not sound like that's the case. For a simple doubles set you might consider sending it back and getting a rec wing or whatever the smallest doubles wing that's available from dive rite.

i got all my answers already, thanks. I do carry alot of weight(wreck reels,multi flashlights, and very heavy tool bag @ times)as a wreck diver. I do plan on tech diving this summer. I am also a psd diver and at times i do wear 75-100 #'s on me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom