Dive Rite transplate or OMS comfort harness with backplate??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive a TransPlate. Easy to adjust if using different exposure suits for NorCal, SoCal, Mexico. Great for hiking our coastal cliffs. I am use to a left shoulder harness release (shoulder injury). The chest strap positions the shoulder harness for optimum hiking. No real failure points to worry about. If abuse Delrin hardware and no PM. Just tie off through SS D-ring and continue dive.

Go try them out! Both are similar in many ways, but fit and comfort trumps everything else!

I dive a TransPlate. Easy to adjust if using different exposure suits for NorCal, SoCal, Mexico. Great for hiking our coastal cliffs. I am use to a left shoulder harness release (shoulder injury). The chest strap positions the shoulder harness for optimum hiking. No real failure points to worry about. If abuse Delrin hardware and no PM. Just tie off through SS D-ring and continue dive.

Have you ever tried or talked to a diver with the Hollis Elite? Really wish my LDS had the Transplate and Elite 2 in stock for me to try on.

They are a dealer for both, maybe I can work it out so they stock one of each in my size.:wink:

Nick Hollis can be contacted directly on this board. He has offered tours of his facility in San Leandro. Maybe he has them to try on or knows where to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom