Dive Rite TransPlate Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeS

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Can anyone help me out with a couple of questions about the TransPlate Harness? I currently dive with either a Seaquest Balance or Fred-T plate with a single piece harness. I like the comfort of the Balance but otherwise prefer the back plate. I’m looking at pictures and the description of the TransPlate thinking that it might provide the comfort of the Balance while allowing the use of a backplate. But I have the following questions.

Can it be used with the Halcyon ACB weight system?

Can it be used with a Halcyon crotch strap?

Thanks,
Mike

the belt is just a single piece of 2" web with a stainless grommet in the middle that the doubles bolt passes through. anything that mounts on a regular harness belt will go on the transplate.
the crotch strap goes between the plate(slot) and the belt as it does on any BP/W set up.
I don't use a halcyon crotch strap specificly but I use a DR strap and it works like any other harness.

The Dive Rite plate has a slot for a 1 inch or 2 inch crotch strap so the Halycon strap would work if you have one. Have rigged the Halycon weight system to a Dive Rite plate and it has worked fine. So the answer would be yes and yes.

Back
Top Bottom