Dive Rite Transpac VS Metal Backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does the Transpac come with cam bands (tank straps) for single tank diving? Anyone have a photo of how the transpac, cam bands and a wing look together when assembled? I mean a picture of the back of the setup, I want to see how the 3 parts fit together (transpac, cam straps and wing), I have seen pictures of the venture and the rec plus transpac on the dive rite website, but again only showing the front, no way to see how the setup looks from behind. Thanks again for the replies everyone!

I dive single tanks. I have a transpac with a travel wing, I use for my AL80s and an aluminum plate with an Oxycheq wing I use for my 130s.

I like them both, either is a good choice. If I didn't like one or the other I would have sold it.

Try before you buy

Divegearphotos009.jpg
[/IMG]

Divegearphotos008.jpg
[/IMG]

here is the front, i cut the waist cumberpads off for better feel and stronger fit. Its for sale as well asking $600 and it's in perfect condition. Size XXL im 6'2 200lbs.

Thanks, but I'm a size M. But thanks anyway for the photos. do you use 1 inch or 2 inch crotch strap?

I've used Transpacs for years, and also backplates. I still use both, but I find the Transpac considerably more comfortable. Most of my diving with this gear is with manifolded doubles. For a single tank I usually use a standard rec BC.

A word of caution - you MUST use stabiliser plates when using the Transpac with a twinset. Otherwise there is just too much strain on the upper eyelet and it can get torn from the fabric. It's happened twice when guests have rented Transpacs from me and haven't been adequately supervised when they were setting up.

Another word, about the Company. I've used DiveRite gear for years and have been selling it for the last few. I also sell gear from other companies, but DiveRite is the most "stand up" manufacturer I know. They're good to deal with up-front, and I know that they will be more than fair whenever there's a problem. Would that that were true of their competitors!

I had a chance last week to dive doubles in my Transpac....all I got to say is WOW!! The setup was comfortable. Walking to the water in double 80s was easier than a single 100 in my other BCD. Now on the Transpac is my choice for whatever I plan to dive. The stabilizing plates are a must and no movement when I was suited up. I was one with my gear.

Thanks Dive Rite!!

Here are some back photos of my Transpac with Venture wing showing how the cam band weaves through the Transpac and the wing.

DiveRiteTranspac002.jpg

DiveRiteTranspac001.jpg

DiveRiteTranspac003.jpg

DiveRiteTranspac004.jpg

Front shots of the Transpac. Please note the 2-lbs/each trim weights (the long black pouches attached to the soft backplate via D-rings.

Transpac001.jpg

Transpac002.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom