Dive Rite Torch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrMojo

Reaction score
Hi every one i am looking to buy a torch and this one is for sale in england second hand and i was wondering if any one has has had any personal experience of this model it is up for the price of $230.00. any opions good or bad.....!!

Dive Rite Umbilical Wreck Torch.
This is for a Dive Rite “Umbilical Wreck Light”. This torch provides 35 W of light for over two hours of continuous underwater use with hands free operation.

The following items are included:

2.9Ah Wreck Light Canister + 4.4Ah extended burn-time canister.

Original battery + 4.4Ah twin battery,

35 Watt black anodised aluminium head,

Original Dive Rite “Hands Free” Goodman style handle.

Mains Charger & selection of clips and webbing used for mounting.

The torch was originally supplied with the standard canister directly from Dive Rite and is also included in the sale. To increase burn time to around 2 hours, the 4.4Ah battery and extended canister was added. The original torch is rated down to 100 meters and the new canister tested to 20 bar, the battery is also only 4 months old.

The sale includes the optional Dive Rite handle to hold the lamp head for hands free operation that is essential for more demanding diving or increased comfort than lugging a big torch around. I also include all the standard parts that came with the torch including the original 2.9Ah battery which gives a burn-time of an hour.

This is an excellent torch that is ideal for technical diving or for normal use giving remarkable hands free light.

The above is a quote from a local ad.
Regards,

MAL..

This sounds like the MLS cannnister. If it is avoid it. You need a special tool to open it up and it leaks like a sieve.

If it is the wreck I cannister and the wreck II you can use them when you realize that the 35W halogen is no good and need the HID head.

There is a reason why it is cheap.

omar

I spent a fortune on an Ikelite SPaa dive light....50watts of power....great light..I consider it a piece of safety equipment in low light, low viz conditions. The battery pack hooks onto my tank, and the light head is very light and I use a small retractable to hook it to my BC.

If you need a little less horse-power, I recommend the Ikelite Super 8. You can get is rechargable or using 8 D cell batteries.

The best part, is that this company really stands behind their equipment. Any that I have sent in to be serviced has been done quickly and often without cost to me (other than my shipping and insurance one way to Ikelite).

ages

Hmmm...

I meant an HID light.

After you use one or if your buddy has one the last thing you want is a 35W halogen.

omar

omar once bubbled...
After you use one (HID) or if your buddy has one the last thing you want is a 35W halogen.
So...
What do you use for your backups, Omar?
Rick

omar once bubbled...
Hmmm...

I meant an HID light.

After you use one or if your buddy has one the last thing you want is a 35W halogen.

omar

Just had to go and take a look and confirm it, just to be sure, and by crikey I was right. I DO own a HID lamp as well, wonders never cease.
Just to have a complete picture, I rang my buddies as well. It seems they all have HID's as well, and Im almost positive I have dived with them at SOME point in time.

You still have not given a good enough reason why Halogen is no good.

Dave

That was funny!

I would say HID is better for a couple of reasons. One it looks MUCH better for video and pictures. Two, it is more efficient. The burn time with a 50W halogen is about half of what you can get with a 10W HID on the same battery, for the same amount of light.

Back
Top Bottom