Question Dive Rite O2ptima CM & Europe questions (Usage, as well as the wretched CE)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For now I am going with bog standard OC setup with a 12L ALU (dilout) on the back i.e. as simple as possible. If going deeper/longer deco then 7L on the side (at least that is what've done so far). Not much into S&M diving :wink:
So what do you set the max pp02 of the dilout 1.2?

So for high one used mostly 1.3 during classes. That is if i understand your question, sorry, warned you I am a noob xD

Of course, I should have known xD
I know literally 100+ rebreather divers. I only know one person who turned his in for annual service. And that was a liberty that was having problems.

So what do you set the max pp02 of the dilout 1.2?
Did you ask your instructor about your needle valve / leaky valve idea? I had a brief look into it, although Im not much of an engineer, I think it hard because the IP on the Diverite reg is quite low, (from memory 8) to accomodate the solenoid.

Naah, was toying with this idea as well initially but for now gave up - benefit/drawbacks of it aside, I am limited by the insurance, as boring as it might sound. Basically as it is a non-CE unit and I am based in EU, modifications are a no-no. And it works fine without the leaky thingie :wink:

I have now received an answer from DAN Europe in regards to the insurance - TLDR: non-CE is covered for personal use only, provided it is not modified, and was certified elsewhere* (Sports Silver and up policies, Bronze does not cover rebreathers).

"As long as the equipment is certified in first world countries, when it comes to personal use only, the equipment does not need to be certified with CE.
Although there are no specific exclusions in the policy for personal use of non-certified equipment, any accident caused by the function or malfunction of the non certified (as in "first world countries", further confirmed - makar0n) or modified rebreather is not covered."

I know literally 100+ rebreather divers. I only know one person who turned his in for annual service. And that was a liberty that was having problems.

Well this is certainly good news...as dragging it back to US every year would be a major hassle :wink:

Back
Top Bottom