Dive Rite 500 lumen LED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikemikethepike

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I have a dive rite 500 lumen LED and I am wondering if anyone else has the same problem I have been having with the light.

When I put fresh batteries in the light (I use Duracell coppertops, not ultra's), the light is fantastic. For my first dive of the day, the the light will perform just as I expect. Then when I go on my second dive, the light is dim to barely visible (basically unusable). By the end of a second dive the light will not be on at all.

Now, I am careful to make sure that the light is not on between dives, but even if it where, I am expecting 12 hours of burn time from this light.

If I wait another 6 to 10 hours, the light will be bright again.

What is up? Have any of you had this kid of a problem with this light? I am not sure whether to return he light altogether and get a different light or whether I should send it in to see if the the is defective, but I need a light that is reliable for all day diving.

Don't hesitate to contact DiveRite directly about this. I've had outstanding service from them and expect they will solve the problem quickly.

If the light returns to max brightness after a wait, it could be a few things:

1. Maybe you're triggering low and high brightness settings between dives.

2. Maybe the batteries are getting cold and losing some of their charge.

3. Maybe the light is getting warm/hot between dives and adjusts itself to a lower setting. Several high-power LEDs have this feature.

I have not had this problem with mine in warm (70's) or cold (40's) water.

I have a dive rite 500 lumen LED and I am wondering if anyone else has the same problem I have been having with the light.

When I put fresh batteries in the light (I use Duracell coppertops, not ultra's), the light is fantastic. For my first dive of the day, the the light will perform just as I expect. Then when I go on my second dive, the light is dim to barely visible (basically unusable). By the end of a second dive the light will not be on at all.

Now, I am careful to make sure that the light is not on between dives, but even if it where, I am expecting 12 hours of burn time from this light.

If I wait another 6 to 10 hours, the light will be bright again.

What is up? Have any of you had this kid of a problem with this light? I am not sure whether to return he light altogether and get a different light or whether I should send it in to see if the the is defective, but I need a light that is reliable for all day diving.

What did DiveRite tell you when you called them?

I am using your basic duracell or eveready alkaline batteres.

What did Dive Rite tell you when you called them?

I had my LDS call Dive Rite. Basically, my LDS has sold three of these lights and all three have been returned for one reason or another. Rather than return this one to Dive Rite for repair, my LDS arranged for a full credit to return the light and sell me a the Dive Rite 700 lumen LED light instead. I have returned the DR 500 LED and I now have the DR 700 LED. The new light has a more typical canister with a rechargeable battery and I expect this light to work better. I will let you guys know.

If you do experience problems with any of your Dive Rite gear do not hesitate to contact us directly. We are always willing to help out.

We are always a phone call away 1-386-752-1087 or you can email us.

Best,
Ag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom