dive rite 200 bar manifold problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tavi:
I've heard that Dive-Rite no longer makes a 300 BAR Manifold. I've gotten this from the shop I work with and from Dive-Rite Express.

Not sure. I just got a 200 bar manifold for a set of faber 85's for my wife. I took the appropriate burst disk size for cave country approach. As Rick said earlier, replace the disks and put the appropriate sized replacements. (they are cheap, I gave around $3.00 dollars for the set (4) I put in)

Mike

Rick Murchison:
....(1) The "200" bar manifold and valves are actually rated for 232 bar service, which works just fine with the 3442 psi tanks, thank you - indeed, the 3442 number is chosen because that's the cut-off between "high" and "low" pressure, the top-end acceptable service pressure for the "200" bar valves and the yoke insert.....

Thanks for the correction. I was thinking these tanks had the 10% overfill allowance no?

I dive double alum 80's but opted for a 300 Bar manifold should I like to use larger HP tanks in the future.

I heard DR was discontinuing the 300 bar manifold as well. Can anyone confirm?

--Matt

matt_unique:
I was thinking these tanks had the 10% overfill allowance no?
No. They are rated at 3442 with no "+"
Rick

Check the value of the burst disc. There are a number of discs for the variety of tanks sold. As a general rule, they are designed to fail between hydro/less 10%. for example most 3442 psi are hydro'd @ 5250 (the same as 3500 psi cylinders). Some tanks are hydro'd @ 5/3's some @ 3/2. You must read the spec's for each type/manufacturer of each cylinder.

Back
Top Bottom