dive rite 200 bar manifold problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HNITSUJ

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of the dive rite 200 bar manifold blowing burst disks? This is only speculation, but some of us are thinking they are setup for 3000 psi tanks from the factory. The three I currently know of are all on PST 3442 tanks.

Thanks

HNITSUJ:
Has anyone heard of the dive rite 200 bar manifold blowing burst disks? This is only speculation, but some of us are thinking they are setup for 3000 psi tanks from the factory. The three I currently know of are all on PST 3442 tanks.

Thanks

Simply put, yes. A dive rite 200 bar manifold will blow a burst disk when (over)filled to the 3442 mark. You should have gotten the 300 bar manifold.

Mike

I thought 3500 and over are high pressure? I realize we are talking 58 psi. The Thermo valves included with these tanks are 200 bar din and they have no problems. My lds has sold a bunch of these (two myself) and though I have not had any issues I know of a few. I did hear that some or all were left in cars and a garage after the fills.

(1) The "200" bar manifold and valves are actually rated for 232 bar service, which works just fine with the 3442 psi tanks, thank you - indeed, the 3442 number is chosen because that's the cut-off between "high" and "low" pressure, the top-end acceptable service pressure for the "200" bar valves and the yoke insert.
(2) The burst disk is chosen based on the tanks - if the manifold was originally set up for "LP" tanks (2400 psi) service pressure, then yes, you're liable to have some problems if you use 'em for 3442 psi tanks. The "problem" isn't the valves, though, the problem is the burst disk/tank mismatch.
---
There is no need to change manifolds for the PST E series - just change to the proper burst disks. This is a less-than-a-minute job during your next VIP.
Rick

Rick Murchison:
(1) The "200" bar manifold and valves are actually rated for 232 bar service, which works just fine with the 3442 psi tanks, thank you - indeed, the 3442 number is chosen because that's the cut-off between "high" and "low" pressure, the top-end acceptable service pressure for the "200" bar valves and the yoke insert.
(2) The burst disk is chosen based on the tanks - if the manifold was originally set up for "LP" tanks (2400 psi) service pressure, then yes, you're liable to have some problems if you use 'em for 3442 psi tanks. The "problem" isn't the valves, though, the problem is the burst disk/tank mismatch.
---
There is no need to change manifolds for the PST E series - just change to the proper burst disks.
Rick

Thanks Rick,
Thats is the solution I was hoping to hear should I actually have a problem.

Caver95:
double disc'em. never a problem again.
Hush!
That's contrary to DOT/CTC regulations.
Just use the right burst disk for the service pressure of the tanks and you'll be fine.
Rick :)

in_cavediver:
Simply put, yes. A dive rite 200 bar manifold will blow a burst disk when (over)filled to the 3442 mark. You should have gotten the 300 bar manifold.

Mike

I've heard that Dive-Rite no longer makes a 300 BAR Manifold. I've gotten this from the shop I work with and from Dive-Rite Express.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom