Dive Right in Scuba Regulator service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCU5

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everyone,

I'm going to be dry for a month or so and am thinking about having my Atomic regs serviced while I have some down time. Has anyone ever had regs serviced through DRIS and can comment on the quality of their service?

Thanks in advance!

DRIS is great...top notch customer service. I've been pleased with each transaction with DRIS, whether service related or otherwise.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nothing against DRIS, but Atomic offers factory direct service for pretty reasonable prices. I'd check cost and turnaround time for each, and unless you see some DRIS edge in speed/cost, why not have the factory rebuilt them?

I've checked with Atomic but it seems their prices have gone up...

Non Sealed 1st and 2nd Stages $146.90
Sealed 1st and 2nd Stages $ 187.70

Granted, I've used them in the past and they do excellent work AND replace many of the plastic parts, but it's a significant upcharge.

Ugh. Yay Huish :p

I sent my regs in to get worked on last year. Sent them on a Thursday and got them back the next Friday. That was with USPS flat rate shipping. Oh and Labor Day was also jammed in that week they were gone. Couldn't have asked for a quicker turnaround.

As previously posted, I've heard numerous times of people getting their regs back from Atomic looking like new after service. Service wise you won't go wrong with either. So if price is your consideration off to DRIS it goes. I've only ever had great service from DRIS.

$75/stage seems pretty high for a non-sealed reg, but I assume that's both parts and labor. What's DRIS costing?

Back
Top Bottom