Dive Review - Liquid Blue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First and foremost, do NOT do All-Inclusive on Cozumel, it has way too many really good restaurants, in all budget categories, that you would miss out on. As to choice of hotel, that really depends on what you are looking for. A lot of Scuba Board Coz regulars like staying downtown just for the great location, being easy to walk to most of the good restaurants. For higher end comfort in downtown, it’s Casa Mexicana. For slightly cheaper options, Suites Bahia or Suites Colonial. If you want a swimming pool, there’s Hotel Plaza Cozumel (right on the Plaza, with a roof top pool), or Hotel Casona La Real, a few blocks back from the Plaza, so quieter at night. And there are lots of other downtown options, from the really cheap to the smaller more intimate. If you want more of a resort feel, Hotel Cozumel is a little ways south of town, nice big comfortable rooms and HUGE pool area, still not a bad walk to town to hit the restaurants for lunch and dinner. Farther south, there are places like Blue Angel, Casa Del Mar, and El Cid/La Cieba - all a bit of a hike into town, but a cheap and fast cab ride. So pick your budget category, what kind of hotel, resort type vs. in-town, then you can narrow down your options.

THANK YOU! All great advice that I will look into. I'm probably bringing my youngest son (currently getting certified) and wife who is not certified or will be.

My wife and I spent 8 days diving with Liquid Blue and we were very impressed with their operation. Steve met us at our hotel to pick up our gear when we arrived and he returned it to us clean and dry before we left. Kevin and Javier work wonders on the boat and they made diving a fun and effortless experience - I don't think we touched a tank once on the whole trip as they took care of it all for us. The steel tanks were great to dive with as well, with bottom times over an hour on every dive. We will definitely use their organization again when we are in Cozumel for diving!

Liquid Blue is one of very few operators on Cozumel who provide 120-cf tanks (2 others I know of), and I don't think I've ever read anything bad about them, only good...yet I don't see many trip reports about them. Don't know why. Very glad to see yours.

Richard.

Liquid Blue is one of very few operators on Cozumel who provide 120-cf tanks (2 others I know of), and I don't think I've ever read anything bad about them, only good...yet I don't see many trip reports about them. Don't know why. Very glad to see yours.

Richard.

I might be wrong, but I believe from the 150+ shops in Cozumel only 3 use steel 120's - Aldora, Liquid Blue, and Living Underwater.

Richard.
Several years ago Liquid Blue was owned by another couple. They divorced and the ex wife was the sole owner. The business was sold to another American couple. It was a very acrimonious transaction and transition. There was a great deal of he said/she said over this forum and other forums. I have not dived with Liquid Blue since the ownership changed, but I hear good things about their dive op. I am glad they have been able to stay in business after all the ugly back and forth

I might be wrong, but I believe from the 150+ shops in Cozumel only 3 use steel 120's - Aldora, Liquid Blue, and Living Underwater.

I believe Liquid Blue and Aldora are the only two on this list using the High Pressure steels; think Living Underwater uses the Low Pressure versions if I am not mistaken. To my knowledge Aldora is the only one that do their own air fills as well.

I believe Liquid Blue and Aldora are the only two on this list using the High Pressure steels; think Living Underwater uses the Low Pressure versions if I am not mistaken. To my knowledge Aldora is the only one that do their own air fills as well.

Checking my logs, it looks like Liquid Blue gets their fills from Meridiano (or at least they did in Dec 17/Jan 18) at about 3000PSI, where Aldora is putting ~3500PSI in a tank.

Either way, great operators, and I've been happy to dive with both in the past (and looking forward to diving with Liquid Blue in Oct).

One of the reasons that you don't see a lot of reviews for LB is that they have a HUGE repeat customer business. I just don't think the we see the need to leave reviews. We use them regularly and I don't think I've ever been on a trip with someone I didn't already know from a previous trip. They really are a lot like family. Many of the customers stay in contact with each other between trips through FB and other ways.

One of the reasons that you don't see a lot of reviews for LB is that they have a HUGE repeat customer business. I just don't think the we see the need to leave reviews. We use them regularly and I don't think I've ever been on a trip with someone I didn't already know from a previous trip. They really are a lot like family. Many of the customers stay in contact with each other between trips through FB and other ways.

I agree 100% I dont post much but this one is worthy. The whole crew at Liquid Blue become more than just your dive op...they become your friends too. I couldn't ask for better people to dive with.

Diving with Liquid Blue is always a great experience! Kami and Steve along with Javier and Kevin make diving fun, easy and safe. They have a huge repeat business i see the same divers the weeks that make up Carnival every year. I dive with a steel 100 rather than the 120’s. Diving with them in September!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom