Dive Review - Liquid Blue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaeger62

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Disclaimer - I am not quite the verbose and professional writer as most reviewers I've seen here, but I'll try my best :)

I dove with Liquid Blue Jan 5-8 for 2 tank dives each morning. The evening I arrived in Cozumel, Steve met me at my Air BnB in town to pick up my gear and paperwork. It was great to show up to the boat the first morning to find all my gear hooked up and ready to dive. That certainly made the walk to the taxi much easier every morning!

As for the diving.... amazing. I dive with both of their DMs Kevin and Tony and both are excellent, the 2 best that I've had in my trips to Cozumel. During my trip I saw numerous firsts for me, including eagle rays, splendid toad fish, and stone fish. I never would have found the toad fish on my own, that's for certain!

Hanging out on the boat between dives was also a good time, like hanging out with friends. The Captain, Javier, is great! More than once, he had my gear swapped to the next tank before I even got back on the boat.... no idea how he did that.

I am not the world's best on air, so the Steel 120s were great. Every divr was at least an hour. One day I had a 75min dive and an 82min dive, so the extra money over the AL80 operations was WELL worth it from a personal perspective.

This was my 3rd dive op to go out with and they will be my go to op going forward.

If you are looking for valet service, great DMs, and the Steel 120s, you certainly won't go wrong with Liquid Blue

Just
Disclaimer - I am not quite the verbose and professional writer as most reviewers I've seen here, but I'll try my best :)

I dove with Liquid Blue Jan 5-8 for 2 tank dives each morning. The evening I arrived in Cozumel, Steve met me at my Air BnB in town to pick up my gear and paperwork. It was great to show up to the boat the first morning to find all my gear hooked up and ready to dive. That certainly made the walk to the taxi much easier every morning!

As for the diving.... amazing. I dive with both of their DMs Kevin and Tony and both are excellent, the 2 best that I've had in my trips to Cozumel. During my trip I saw numerous firsts for me, including eagle rays, splendid toad fish, and stone fish. I never would have found the toad fish on my own, that's for certain!

Hanging out on the boat between dives was also a good time, like hanging out with friends. The Captain, Javier, is great! More than once, he had my gear swapped to the next tank before I even got back on the boat.... no idea how he did that.

I am not the world's best on air, so the Steel 120s were great. Every divr was at least an hour. One day I had a 75min dive and an 82min dive, so the extra money over the AL80 operations was WELL worth it from a personal perspective.

This was my 3rd dive op to go out with and they will be my go to op going forward.

If you are looking for valet service, great DMs, and the Steel 120s, you certainly won't go wrong with Liquid Blue

Just read your review and checked out Liquid Blue. Looks like a great company to dive with. What Hotel would you recommend. I've never been to Cozumel.

Just

Just read your review and checked out Liquid Blue. Looks like a great company to dive with. What Hotel would you recommend. I've never been to Cozumel.

Well, I personally stayed at an Air BnB in town. But look around here and there are some hotels regularly recommended... Suites Bahia, Mary Carmen, and a few others I can't recall. All depends on budget and how upscale you like to go. Im kind of a minimalist myself.

First and foremost, do NOT do All-Inclusive on Cozumel, it has way too many really good restaurants, in all budget categories, that you would miss out on. As to choice of hotel, that really depends on what you are looking for. A lot of Scuba Board Coz regulars like staying downtown just for the great location, being easy to walk to most of the good restaurants. For higher end comfort in downtown, it’s Casa Mexicana. For slightly cheaper options, Suites Bahia or Suites Colonial. If you want a swimming pool, there’s Hotel Plaza Cozumel (right on the Plaza, with a roof top pool), or Hotel Casona La Real, a few blocks back from the Plaza, so quieter at night. And there are lots of other downtown options, from the really cheap to the smaller more intimate. If you want more of a resort feel, Hotel Cozumel is a little ways south of town, nice big comfortable rooms and HUGE pool area, still not a bad walk to town to hit the restaurants for lunch and dinner. Farther south, there are places like Blue Angel, Casa Del Mar, and El Cid/La Cieba - all a bit of a hike into town, but a cheap and fast cab ride. So pick your budget category, what kind of hotel, resort type vs. in-town, then you can narrow down your options.

I just spent the week at Suites Cozumel. It was surprisingly nice! I was traveling with some non diving friends for the week and they picked the place. The rooms were huge, much larger than I needed I paid less than $60 a night and it included breakfast at Casa Mexicana. Its walk to almost anything. I did rent a car to show the non divers the island. I have stayed at Hotel Mary Carmen, its just across the walkway for $10 a night less and was happy with that hotel,as well. No frills but it was clean and made me feel safe! As always, diving with Liquid Blue is always a treat!

Just

There are many, many options for accommodations (and dive ops) on Cozumel, and what's best for you would not be so for someone else. Staying in town has its attractions and staying at a semi-isolated resort has very different ones. I would suggest mining this subforum for threads on places to stay; there are plenty of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom