Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shore dive at Alhambra early this morning.
Nice and flat but the wind was picking up a bit.
71F and up to 6 ft viz depending on where you are.
Lots of silt on the bottom which drops the viz in places.
Small finds and some interesting shells.

Shore dive between South Brohard and Caspersen this morning.
Nice and flat - cool breeze.
69F and 6-8 ft viz.
Small finds and some interesting shells.

4/29/2016
Service Club
9 am
Wind E @ 5
Seas <1'
Water Temp 78
Vis hazy 10'
Finds usual small stuff and a 3 3/8 golden beach, meg pic to follow
004_crop.jpg

Last edited:
Did S. Brohard this am. Viz 5-6 ft, water temp 78

Saturday 4-30-16 went at 10 am from Service Club. (ish) 79-81 degrees and varying visibility from about 4 to 9 feet. Stayed in around 79 mins. Started out flat. Wind kicked up a little at end of dive and my new inflatable dive flag was telling me all about it. Found lots of sand tiger teeth today? Not complaining but what's up with that.

Dove Alhambra this afternoon. Hit the water shortly after noon. Swam about 1/2 mile out then went straight west whole dive. Viz was 6-8 at the beginning. 4-5 in places mid-way through dive, and ended with 8-10 out in 28 ft of water. Was gonna yak dive, but the wave action found me kickin' the fins instead. Found a pretty nice 4.5", a half of a 4.25. 2/3rds of a 3.25" and a 3" tooth with the tip broken off. Didn't have any apple cider vinegar so spent 2 hours with my dental scraper on the big one.

Notable sightings. Swam over a 2-3 foot black tip shark. Saw some kind of yellow eel. Several Sea Cucumbers and a Porcupine Puffer.

2016-04-30 22.39.22.jpg
20160430_230038.jpg

Ran a trip yesterday
Vis was 8-10 ft in 28 ft
water temp up to 78 , one lady dove in rash guard only sure this front will mess w vis but water will be still warm enjoy the summer water temps now

South Brohard
viz a murky 3-4 in 15 to 18 fsw, in the blocks
temp 75
lots of trash and blown in crab pots from the storm last Wed. found a large horse tooth and big chunk of turtle shell. saw a few large stingrays also.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom