Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Site Location Alhambra
Water Temp 86
Visibility Around 11:30 close to a mile out was about 10-15ft, but by the blocks on the way back in was probably only 6.
Tide state High around 2pm
Surf None
Presence of drift algae Lots of algae and snot; not enough to rain on my parade. No jellyfish spotted.

First visit back to Venice in a while; and the conditions were spectacular. (For Venice)
Awesome dive, and got to meet a few people; including Dive4Life who I was (sadly) able to recognize and name from merely seeing his kayak on the beach from a couple hundred feet. (I spend too much time lurking on this website. )
Best thing I found was a ledge I didn't know was there (about a mile out) and found some new gill-enhanced friends and a turtle who just wanted to take a nap. A ton of life that meant we were too caught up to be looking for teeth for 20 mins or so.

This is what i found

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378616295413.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378616295413.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 197
I know it's short notice, but I'm looking for a shore dive buddy for tomorrow, Sunday 9/8/13. I've done 5 dives so far off of Venice and have the Meg tooth hunting bug for sure. I am 32 and have been in the ocean my whole life... comfortable in low viz, and fully prepared with all gear (tow flag, compass, collection bag, etc.) and ready to drive over from the east coast for a couple of 11am or noon dives. I have enough scuba tanks to loan a reliable buddy some too -- really just need the buddy, don't want to dive alone. Please PM or text me if you're up for it: 386 295 5274

Thanks!

I should have also mentioned that it doesn't have to be a shore dive, I have a kayak type setup (w/ anchor, cooler, gear, etc. all figured out) that I've fished, dove, and freedove from for the past couple of years - I can bring that.

Venice Bone yard dive with Meglalodon Charters
in the water around 8:00 AM
wind - 0-1 mph out of the East
No wave action very light chop
Water temp - 86
Vis 20 - 25 feet on first dive second dive after we moved
dropped to around 10-15 feet
great dive - all divers found Megs all around 2 " I do believe!
lots of wild life. Next week back out on the Yak
Have fun and dive safe.

Anyone go out today? How was it? What are the expected conditions for sat?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4

S.Brohard at 10:00 a.m. Out going tide, water temp 86 & viz was 2-4 ft. A bit of a surge, still drift algae on the eastern side of the reef & no jellies.

9/14/13
Alhambra
11:00
Seas< 1'
Vis- 1-5'
Ran in to a bunch of Jellies...son freaked out, stung 6 times...I laughed. He was ok and asked why I didn't flip out...went about our.dive and saw many sheepsheads..enjoyed the dive.

However, I did get pulled over and a ticket going 73 in a 55....didnt see the 55 sign...$206 down :mad:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4

9/15/13
Started the day doing the North Jetty clean-up.
Time 8 am
Slack tide
Water Temp 87
Vis 10'-15'
Filled my large catch bag 4 times, mostly mono and cast nets
Saved a toad fish that was hooked through the dorsal fin and a large pin fish that was somebodies lost bait
The fish life was unbelieveable with huge snook and goliath groupers being the top sights of the dive.

Brohard
9:45 am
quick dive around the blocks to check out some new gear
Seas <1'
Wind ESE @ 5
Vis 2'-8' disappointing after the Jetty dive
did pickup a few small teeth

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom