Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

9/2/13

Boat dive off Alhambra area

8:15 first dive

11:30 second dive

W wind 5 mph very smooth!!

Depth: 28-32ft

Viz- 10-15 ft On bottom. Could see the top of water from the bottom. Very clear, but dark green and murky and some snot, and I came up into a wall of jellyfish! I was dogging them left and right. I felt like Nemo ( some of you will get this)

Got a few small Meg's. 1.5-2" great day out there today.

Yea I got nailed by one on the sholder when coming back to shore playing with sone fish....that crap hurt...wife laughed at me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4

I did S. Brohard. Got in about 10:45. Spent 2 hrs on the bottom with one short rest break on the yak. Water temp was 86 & viz was 10 - 15 ft. A bit of snot & some drift algae between the blocks. No turtles today but the Goliath was still there. Also saw about a 4 ft. Cuda & had a Trigger Fish chase me around for a bit. I saw 3 jellies, almost got smacked in the face by one! No pics Matt..............I don't have a camera............I'd probably lose it anyway!:D

Oh.....I forgot to add............very strong North current by the time I got out..............glad I had my yak!

Went out Monday 9/2
Off Alhambra
Vis was good >10 comfortable
Lotta snot in the water
Found some little ones, but Meg's are Meg's!
raty9e4u.jpg

SWFL

S.Brohard Entered around 9:45. Viz wasn't as good as I had hoped but was okay. I would say 6 - 8 ft., water temp 86, drift algae present between the blocks on the eastern side of the reef, lots of snot & no jellies seen.

Tried Venice for the first time. Entered at Alhambra and found about 86 degrees, flat and sunny. About 6 to 8 feet a little more at times. Found about 4 teeth, not bad for my first time out. Did observe the algae. Many sand dollars migrating, and conchs. I will be back! Loved it!

Welcome to the Venice Tooth Hunt Mermaid..... 6-8' viz is good to average for Venice Bch area.

I know it's short notice, but I'm looking for a shore dive buddy for tomorrow, Sunday 9/8/13. I've done 5 dives so far off of Venice and have the Meg tooth hunting bug for sure. I am 32 and have been in the ocean my whole life... comfortable in low viz, and fully prepared with all gear (tow flag, compass, collection bag, etc.) and ready to drive over from the east coast for a couple of 11am or noon dives. I have enough scuba tanks to loan a reliable buddy some too -- really just need the buddy, don't want to dive alone. Please PM or text me if you're up for it: 386 295 5274

Thanks!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom