Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove yesterday (1-24-09) off of Casey Key just for fun and to see what the vis was like. I had about 2 to 3 foot vis at the most. I didn't see anything except lots of sand dollars and a lot of sand. Not worth the price of a tank rental but still a bit of fun since I was in the water and not sitting on the beach.

Yesterday (2-10-09) I rented a tank and dove off of Nokomis Beach (again) This time vis was at least 10 feet and the gulf was calm. Still didn't find anything of interest except a frizbee from TWA airlines which I kept for some strange reason. Next time I will try to dive at the Service Club Beach and see what is out there. Oh, the water temp on the bottom was 57 degrees and it was an uneventfull dive. It's nice to get wet. OK, lets see, 45 minute to get ready, 45 minutes dive, 1 hour cleanup. Worth it? You bet.

Service Club 2/13/09 10 am

water temp 59
winds light E switched to W
vis <1' til about 18' then opened up to about 5' in 22' areas

suit 7/5 w/hooded vest

used a full tank did 2 hrs

got a couple megs and assorted small stuff

Attachments

• teeth021309.JPG
    teeth021309.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
February 14th conditions:
Temp was a balmy 60 degrees
Vis 8-10 feet
Dove on the Aristakat and fully welcomed Their on board hot water shower after my uncontrolable shivering. I was wearing a 5/3 doubled wet suit and still couldnt stay warm. Everyone did well. I got a couple 2 1/2 inch teeth and some whale ears. It was a Great dive....just cold.

Water Temperature (WTMP): 64.4 Ž°F today nooa yea alomst time for me to get in water once it hits 65:)

ooooooo.......................startin' to sound promising! :D Thanks for the report!:)

Got out today w/ FL West

Seas 1'
water temp maybe 60, comp. died after last dive lost all info
don't believe the NOOA station that's surface temp
Vis 6'-8'
dove the drysuit

brought this home

Attachments

• teeth021509-2.JPG
    teeth021509-2.JPG
    281.7 KB · Views: 170
The bone yard was a little rough today, 2-3 ft seas, but vis was good 5-10 almost 20ft in some spots. Water still cold one heck of a thermocline today good 4-5 deg. at 5ft off the bottom. having some luck though, 8 good megs came up today.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom