Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sweet!

Alhambra 10/3/22

Attachments

• A1F0F35B-273C-4B25-AAE1-02761B7F1756.jpeg
    A1F0F35B-273C-4B25-AAE1-02761B7F1756.jpeg
    199.3 KB · Views: 64
  • CE33B102-2574-4DC7-8CEC-5BEBBCB71697.jpeg
    CE33B102-2574-4DC7-8CEC-5BEBBCB71697.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 63
Alhambra 10/3/22
Well Rats. I was hoping with the fossil beds churned up a bit that a dive or two could be snuck in. Especially since that seems to be the only good thing to come from this terrible storm. Any idea how is the rest of Venice doing? Be safe

As much as I love tooth diving I'd be very concerned about getting in the water for a while.

The amount of flooding that has occurred is going to push all kinds of nasty stuff in the water. There will be high bacteria levels from sewage runoff and septic systems along with who knows what other chemicals and pathogens that were spilled into the floods.

I had a buddy that dove 3 days after hurricane Ivan trying to salvage his little boat. He ended up with ear and skin infections that took multiple rounds antibiotics over a couple months to get cleared. His Dr. told him he was an absolute dumbass for getting in the water that soon after the storm (his doc is a friend hence the harsh language).

One other piece of advice to you all dealing with the cleanup, see if you can get your tetanus booster if you haven't had one in a while. The chances of a nail through the hand or foot is super high in the weeks after a storm. Also, be ready for flat tires....

Good luck and be safe down there. I know how much big storms suck.

As much as I love tooth diving I'd be very concerned about getting in the water for a while.

The amount of flooding that has occurred is going to push all kinds of nasty stuff in the water. There will be high bacteria levels from sewage runoff and septic systems along with who knows what other chemicals and pathogens that were spilled into the floods.

I had a buddy that dove 3 days after hurricane Ivan trying to salvage his little boat. He ended up with ear and skin infections that took multiple rounds antibiotics over a couple months to get cleared. His Dr. told him he was an absolute dumbass for getting in the water that soon after the storm (his doc is a friend hence the harsh language).

One other piece of advice to you all dealing with the cleanup, see if you can get your tetanus booster if you haven't had one in a while. The chances of a nail through the hand or foot is super high in the weeks after a storm. Also, be ready for flat tires....

Yes rivers are still flooded and oozing into the Gulf. There are many people “anxious” to go looking for teeth but they are not going anywhere. Gulf has cooled down considerably also.

Well Rats. I was hoping with the fossil beds churned up a bit that a dive or two could be snuck in. Especially since that seems to be the only good thing to come from this terrible storm. Any idea how is the rest of Venice doing? Be safe
Still waiting for power to come back on. Lots of damage around town and things are still being assessed for structural damage and safety. Some businesses have been able to open others it will be a few weeks or longer. Some have been hit harder than others. North Port is still dealing with flooding as is Arcadia. Lots of damage and destruction out there also. Myakka and Peace Rivers are still flooded.

Still waiting for power to come back on. Lots of damage around town and things are still being assessed for structural damage and safety. Some businesses have been able to open others it will be a few weeks or longer. Some have been hit harder than others. North Port is still dealing with flooding as is Arcadia. Lots of damage and destruction out there also. Myakka and Peace Rivers are still flooded.
Thanks for the information. Hope the power comes back on soon as I know that the endless drone of generators gets old after awhile. Be safe

Great advice especially about the tetanus booster. Patience is a virtue or so I am told.
Be safe

Great advice especially about the tetanus booster. Patience is a virtue or so I am told.
Be safe
The teeth have been there millions of years, they'll be there for a few more. No reason for anyone to to get sick.

Some of the local dive charters have started going out again looking for teeth and finding some nice ones! Not sure about beach diving. Water has cooled down and not sure how viz is re: beach diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom