Trip Report Dive Report: Utopia Village, Utila Honduras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great, thanks for the info. Looking to get back there sometime soon.

It would be really helpful if you posted closed dates when you do know about them. Also if the place is booked. A simple list on the website would do the trick. (It’s all well and good to say contact you, but when I’m planning a trip I’m usually looking at multiple options and dates. If I have to potentially email everyplace to see if they’re really open and really available, then wait for responses, it makes planning a trip more difficult. So much easier to sit down and figure things out if I have real info to look at.

Curious as the non-diver in the couple- I know the meals are all included as well as transport from Utila town but I assume that one runs a bar tab and pays for drinks? Are there any other things to take into account when planning for a trip there (besides dive gratuities)? We have been to Utila once- 3 years ago- but did not stay at Utopia as husband was not a diver then. I would love to spend a week at Utopia next spring.

Curious as the non-diver in the couple- I know the meals are all included as well as transport from Utila town but I assume that one runs a bar tab and pays for drinks? Are there any other things to take into account when planning for a trip there (besides dive gratuities)? We have been to Utila once- 3 years ago- but did not stay at Utopia as husband was not a diver then. I would love to spend a week at Utopia next spring.
Cash is not needed while on the resort. Both the gift store and bar will keep a tab during the week and at the end you can settle with credit card or cash. The things that are optional and not included in the package are
- drinks (there is no charge for coffee and tea, fruit juice at breakfast, lemonade or iced-tea at lunch),
- gift store purchases,
- dive gear rental if needed,
- nitrox fills if preferred (there is no charge for standard air tanks),
- massages,
- and certain excursions (e.g sunset cruise, deep sea fishing etc.) and
- optional gratuities

Things like morning yoga, standup paddle boards, kayaks, a tour of Pigeon Cay are all available at no extra cost.

Please let us know if there is anything further we can answer for you.

Thank you very much! I understand that the best diving in Utila is in April and May?
We are already set for vacation during May so I suppose we will have to wait until next year- how far ahead of time should one book?

My experience has been that the best diving on Utila is from March - the end of September. Rainy season is october-january

In our opinion diving in Utila is good year round. The rainy season is typically somewhere during October to January but can vary a lot. During that time the water temperatures drop from the low-to-mid eighties down to the high-seventies-low eighties. The resort closes during October and early November.

My experience has been that the best diving on Utila is from March - the end of September. Rainy season is october-january

we went the 3rd week of march in 2018 and had phenomenal diving AND whale shark sightings on 4 different days. the week was during the full moon - not sure if that had anything to do with it. we went the same week 2 years prior (no full moon) and didn't see any whale sharks.

either way, you can't go wrong with staying at Utopia Village! they have been the best dive resort i've been to in my travels

it does seem like the week leading up to the full moon is the highest probability time for seeing whale sharks around Utila.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom